Sickle Bar Mower

/ Sickle Bar Mower #1  

Nordite

Tractor
Kutbota BX2300
I'm looking for a Sickle Bar Mower in Oregon or Washington that will fit my Kubota BX2300. If you know of one for under $4000 let me know.

/ Sickle Bar Mower #4  
Have you considered pull type sickle bar mowers?

/ Sickle Bar Mower
The only pull type I have seen were being pulled by horses.

/ Sickle Bar Mower #6  
The only pull type I have seen were being pulled by horses.

PTO pull type, from before everything had 3PT, are fairly common. Horse-pulled are wheel driven.

Horses don't like it when you try to hook up the PTO shaft.

Bruce

/ Sickle Bar Mower
LOL, Thanks for that information Bruce:)

/ Sickle Bar Mower #8  
pto vs non pto.... sickle mowers do not require a large amount of HP compared to a rotatory cutter or fail mower. but more of issue. does the sickle have an hydraulic cylinder for up/down.

that cutting bar can be a bear at times, trying to pull / push up and lock into travel mode. then dropping the cutting bar down into thicker weeds. and walking about in the weeds.

if buying used. double check the cutting bar itself. and the teeth on it and more so for any bending in the cutting portion of the sickle mower. it is not a cheap replacement piece of metal.

/ Sickle Bar Mower #9  
Nordite,

I am fairly certain that New Holland still offers a pull type sickle bar mower. There are many pluses about the pull type. Finding a 3 point type that will fit your BX2300 may be a challenge.

/ Sickle Bar Mower #10  
Nordite,

I am fairly certain that New Holland still offers a pull type sickle bar mower. There are many pluses about the pull type. Finding a 3 point type that will fit your BX2300 may be a challenge.