2016 Hay season started for me.

/ 2016 Hay season started for me. #1  

cat fever

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti RX6620PS
Due to the warm weather we have had for over a week now. I have been able to work my pasture, fertilize and over seed my alfalfa with oats.
Now, if Mother Nature will help out over the next 3 months I should have plenty of hay. I am getting a new V-Rake this year, looking into the Befco brand wide enough to put two windrows together from my 9' New Holland haybine.
Good luck to all you growers out there and I pray Mother Nature is kind to all of us.:)
Here's a couple pic getting to this point.
DSCN2374.JPG Fertilizer being spread.
DSCN2377.JPG Spring tooth harrow and leveling drag. (getting it smooth)
20160229_145527.jpg The drag is ugly but it works for now.
DSCN2378.JPG Last pass. Not a very good picture, lots of dust on the window and the sun was getting low.
0301161447-01.jpg This drill seeder is as old as the dirt I'm seeding. :laughing: But it works great.

Last edited:
   / 2016 Hay season started for me. #2  
Looks Good. Still see little snow in the mountains in back ground.

/ 2016 Hay season started for me.
Yes, I think this warm spell is just a head fake. Getting snow into late April is not uncommon at all around here. But heck, I'm glad to get the seeding out of the way.

/ 2016 Hay season started for me. #4  
What a view ! That has to make (working) enjoyable . Nice pics .

Thanks Kevin,
I do enjoy a really nice view. If my house was up on the hill behind me I would be able to see the Great Salt Lake, but it's just out of my view.
Here's a shot looking back from my house.
DSCN2371.JPG

/ 2016 Hay season started for me. #6  
Will be fertilizing my fields and drag harrowing this weekend. What Fun

I'm glad I got it done, it's supposed to rain Sunday and Tuesday.
I will be in Texas next week for business and then working the next two weeks after that so I would have been way behind if the snow would have still been on the ground.:)

/ 2016 Hay season started for me. #8  
Nice looking place, cat fever. I really like your white fencing shown in the pix. Is that flex fence run on top with coated wire run below? What are your posts? How easy is it to maintain? Cost? I'm planning to fence a portion of 20 acres for livestock and am exploring options. Thanks

Nice looking place, cat fever. I really like your white fencing shown in the pix. Is that flex fence run on top with coated wire run below? What are your posts? How easy is it to maintain? Cost? I'm planning to fence a portion of 20 acres for livestock and am exploring options. Thanks

Thanks Kirka,
I should get the details from the one who installed it.
I can tell you the 6" line posts ( pine or fur not sure) are all cemented in, the corners are like 8" or 9" post. The wire is galvanized coated with ???. The bottom and middle wire are electric. The wide strip at the top is also 3 strands of galvanized wire. What ever the white stuff on the wires is I don't know, but it's strong and doesn't fade. All the wires have tension adjusters on them. This fencing has been up since 2002 ish and I've had no problems with it. Expensive, ( 20K) but after the pain of paying for it, I'm glad I have it. No animals get in or out, it even held my tractor in. Don't ask how, still a little POed over that one.

/ 2016 Hay season started for me. #10  
Now come on you gotta tell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have all been there

Please share :shocked::laughing: