australian viewers 24t john deere baler 1968 model

/ australian viewers 24t john deere baler 1968 model #1  

haymow

Tractor
m f 135
would any aust viewers know the association, between david shearer and john deere usa, i own a 24t made in aust i presume the main parts were shipped from deere and co, then using locally made bolts, and maybe some other simple parts, were assembled in good old aussy.. my baler has australian tires on it,i know in new zealand at one time, much ag machinery had to have local content,eg disc haymowers, had the frames made in palmerston nth, close to where i live ahhh the good old days before the great mogul china!!. oh also are knife arm rollers for the 24t available under a superceded no. old part no seems invalid....many thanks in advance

/ australian viewers 24t john deere baler 1968 model #2  
This post may help as they talk about 24T parts numbers (new and old)
14T Knife Arm Rollers - Yesterday's Tractors

Also there are several places (slavage yards) here and probably down under that may have used salvaged parts. Check around.

Hope this helps.

/ australian viewers 24t john deere baler 1968 model
powerscol thanks for your help peter

/ australian viewers 24t john deere baler 1968 model #4  
No worries hoped it helped.

Back in 73 I had a great adventure in your country with the Boy Scouts - It was one of your national jamborees. For three weeks we toured all over before going to the camp. I particularly liked the west coast - got to go out fishing. One of the best times of my life and every one was friendly. I also learned to play true rugby...AKA kill the man with the ball.

We did manage to beat the Aussies though :D

On edit - I did have to re-learn english when I got back....I somehow managed to pick up an accent (sp) and the use of a few new words my English Professor did not like :D

/ australian viewers 24t john deere baler 1968 model #5  
powerscol tell me more about your 24t baler, several people tell me my one makes a real nice tidy square bale, i really like the auger feed system,if i decided to buy a new baler something like a jd 328 would be my choice, interested in your comments..thank you

/ australian viewers 24t john deere baler 1968 model #7  
I dont have a 24T. Years ago when I was looking for a low HP baler I ran across one in fair shape and looked into the repair costs. I had saved some of the links. Instead I went with a used Hesston 4550 In-line baler. Mt 26.5 PTO HP runs this fine. I just need to keep the windrows manageable and slow down when she starts to bog down. It has given me zero problems. In-lines have fewer moving parts and a good reputation around here. The current small MF model is the 1835, (they also make a 30 hp round baler) but the small units were made under various brands. Depending on your needs take a hard look at Massy's inline models.

Hop this helps

powerscol thanks im only a hobby baler man, i work 4 case ih as a mechanic,we used to sell inlines once under the case ih name, before agco aquired them i agree they are a very good performing reliable machine, my yankee mate,a dairyman in new richmond wisc, really swears by them too,cheers powerscol

/ australian viewers 24t john deere baler 1968 model #9  
Same here on the hobby. I have 3 acres and a neighbor has 20. I do a few other small lots too - which is one reason I went with the inline as it fits in tight spaces. I try and raise enough for my 2 horses and get 200 bales for two other buyers, but that is about it. I use a small 4 bale grapple to get the squares out of the field into my barn.