Wire Baler VS Twine Pros/Cons

/ Wire Baler VS Twine Pros/Cons #31  
Have you actually witnessed wire balers that regularly leave pieces of loose baling wire in/on sq bales????? If so what brand & model???

I've been around/operated/repaired wire balers(mostly JD's) since the 60's & I haven't witnessed this PHENOMENA of leaving loose pieces of wire except on one baler that needed repair.

Yes it was an older JD being used by the guy doing my hay work before he decided it was too tough. Maybe it was needing repair, I dont know, but finding wire (twisted bits about 1" long) in the bales made me decide to do it myself.

/ Wire Baler VS Twine Pros/Cons #32  
Those Heston 4550's are great machines. I'm impressed your CT pulls it without being too hard on it. The good thing about Bobcat CUTs is the weight they have going for em. Bare bones they weigh 800lbs more than most other comparable CUTs.

I've looked into the small (mini balers) and as cool as they are, for the price you might as well buy a bigger tractor and full sized baler. Cool machines, but the price is up there!

I'll probably be baling 5-7 acers for our three horses, and my inlaws three horses. This won't really be for profit, mostly hoby/saving money on hay.

Chris

I got lucky that tractor weighs as much as it does. At first I thought it was a con after talking to other brands when I bought, then I learned the truth. With the filled rear tires and loader on her, she weighs in at about 3800 lbs.

Also there is something about the in-line and the baling geometry with the flywheel running 90 degrees to the tractor taking out some of the plunger dynamics. On some of the standard balers the flywheel and plunger work in the same plane so the forces seem greater. Many of the new standard models now have the flywheel set 90 to the tractor. When running at full PTO she just rocks back and forth slightly with no side force as I had trying out other balers that sit offset to the line of pull. Just my opinion, but other may know more,