New baling partner!

/ New baling partner! #1  

bglz42

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 5083E
I taught my best friend (wife) how to run the round baler this weekend! She had a ball! Made 47 bales... took a lot of work off of me having her on the baler while I raked... got done before the rain!

Attachments

• Janet and Baler.jpg
    Janet and Baler.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 452
  • Janet & Bale.jpg
    Janet & Bale.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 384
   / New baling partner! #2  
I wish I could have talked my wife into baling hay! She likes playing with the horses but not the work to feed them! I fixed the problem by selling all my hay equipment! :thumbsup:

/ New baling partner! #3  
My best friend is my wife as well, she can and has bailed a lot of hay in her day but we don't have hay to bale any more. Glad you two are enjoying yourselves. Ed

/ New baling partner! #4  
Be careful putting her to work - soon she will be the BOSS if she is not so already:D. I have a great wife too and she now knows to stay away from the equipment as she breaks and runs over things. First time she tried to rake she snagged the rake in the fence on a turn....of course I have NEVER :ashamed: done that myself :laughing::rolleyes:, However she dragged 50 feet of fence before I got her to stop. She never thought to look behind her.

I tried to teach her to clean out the paddock, but she just could not get the hand of it without hitting stuff and the barn with the bucket.

Whats funny is the neighbor behind me taught his 13 year old grand daughter to run his rake while he bales. She loves it and is very good at it (her older brother works with them too running the bale wagon) The JD is one of those big 4x4 JD's with the cab, running a 6 rooter folding rake. Tractor has a super adjustable seat as he is partially disabled. Ill try and get a picture sometime.

/ New baling partner! #5  
That's awesome! My best friend/wife doesn't much care for driving the tractor... which is okay by me. She'll buck hay all day long, and is great with the horses! We work really well together on our little farm. Looks like you guys do too:drink:

Chris

/ New baling partner!
Definitely already the boss! She is the smartest person I have ever known, listens well and learns fast. Has no "give-up" in her at all, will work from sunup to sundown, and LOVES it!

/ New baling partner! #7  
Definitely already the boss! She is the smartest person I have ever known, listens well and learns fast. Has no "give-up" in her at all, will work from sunup to sundown, and LOVES it!

You are a very lucky and wise man - keep her happy - she is a keeper.

/ New baling partner! #8  
Powerscol, pretty sure you got played...

From personal experience: my wife is really good at painting interior walls and I hate it with a passion. First house we owned it didn't take long before it was time to "improve" the perfectly fine white walls. A few runovers on the ceiling and some slightly crooked tape and I was soon banished from painting inside.

25 years of marital bliss later I've not painted a single interior wall...

Mark

/ New baling partner! #9  
I used to have a horse drawn pond scoop that I attached to the back of my WD and operated while my wife drove the tractor. I can still see the front wheels come off the ground when she popped the clutch. That was around 30 years ago and we both lived through the experience.

/ New baling partner! #10  
Be careful putting her to work - soon she will be the BOSS if she is not so already:D. I have a great wife too and she now knows to stay away from the equipment as she breaks and runs over things. First time she tried to rake she snagged the rake in the fence on a turn....of course I have NEVER :ashamed: done that myself :laughing::rolleyes:, However she dragged 50 feet of fence before I got her to stop. She never thought to look behind her.

I tried to teach her to clean out the paddock, but she just could not get the hand of it without hitting stuff and the barn with the bucket.

Whats funny is the neighbor behind me taught his 13 year old grand daughter to run his rake while he bales. She loves it and is very good at it (her older brother works with them too running the bale wagon) The JD is one of those big 4x4 JD's with the cab, running a 6 rooter folding rake. Tractor has a super adjustable seat as he is partially disabled. Ill try and get a picture sometime.

I worked for a company for several years with a job that required great eye exam. Found my depth perception was not great. I find I am not as near something as I think the equipment is such as with fel. She may have issue with depth perception and at least some eye exams do not test for depth perception. Suggest she have depth perception test with next eye exam.
Have a great and blessed Day, kt