Small Pull behind hay conditioner

/ Small Pull behind hay conditioner #1  

powerscol

Veteran Member
Tractor
CT 235
By small I mean 6-8 feet that can be run with 26.5 HP PTO Does anyone still make a stand alone conditioner/crimper unit?

In searching I find the the past there were New Holand 404, Agway, New Idea750, JD 32, and some others, but have no idea how they worked or if parts are available. Im just doing reasurce.

New this year I am running a PZ 170 drum mower and tedding behind with a (two basked GF 222T model. I was thinking I may want to condition behind the drum mower to soften the stems.

Thought on something to specifically look for?

/ Small Pull behind hay conditioner #2  
I pull a new Holland 472 with my b26tlb Kubota on 6acres and it does fine.

/ Small Pull behind hay conditioner #3  
I don't believe anybody anymore makes a roller/crimper anymore. Most of the manufacturers these only make the larger mower/conditioners. Crimpers used to be pretty popular back in the day when sickle mowers were still prevalent and they would run the crimper off the PTO of the sickle mower.

I see them pop up every now and then on craigslist in my area but I would say all them were made before the mid-60's. I have seen prices range from a few hundred bucks to about 1500.00 and they always seem to sell really fast so you aren't the only one that seems to be in search of one.

I would keep an eye on craiglists or check out tractorhouse.

/ Small Pull behind hay conditioner
Thanks - Ill keep my eye out.

I did run the drum mower and tedder yesterday and it did a good job or bruising the stem material. Ill see how fast it drys

/ Small Pull behind hay conditioner #5  
If you have a tedder I wouldn't worry about a conditioner. Hope all goes well.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150925_215143.png
    ForumRunner_20150925_215143.png
    482.9 KB · Views: 330
   / Small Pull behind hay conditioner #6  
I picked up this allis chalmers about a month ago. Seems to function fine. I'll try to post back on how it works when we get some dry weather. I picked this one up for $200

q

What model is it?

/ Small Pull behind hay conditioner #8  
Think it's the AC 500

Thanks

/ Small Pull behind hay conditioner #10  
I picked up this allis chalmers about a month ago. Seems to function fine. I'll try to post back on how it works when we get some dry weather. I picked this one up for $200

q

Nice. You did good.:thumbsup: