2016 Hay Season Over for me.

/ 2016 Hay Season Over for me. #1  

cabinhollow

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM 754,Ford 4000, AC B, Uni 708, KH 90
Finished last night. Just under 3800 small sq bales.
Have 2100 bales in my barns and just need app 1000 bales for my sheep. So, 1000 more to sell.
Now have to get the Uni out and ready to pick corn. With a 4 row head, it takes app 10 min to fill a wagon.
Hay plans for 2017,
New mower and a inline baler.
Added 15 acres this year and should have them in good shape for 2017. Planing on baling 6000+ bales in 2017.

/ 2016 Hay Season Over for me. #2  
Very nice, it's good when things work out. Of coarse pictures of that hay would prove your story.:D

/ 2016 Hay Season Over for me. #3  
Finished for the year with 22 from 3rd cutting. First ever 3rd cutting for me. This was on 14 acres. Bales were 6x5. Best operation with only minor maintenance issues. Got all bales off the fields and under cover before bad weather set in. This has turned out to be a great year for me for just starting out and learning the ropes.

/ 2016 Hay Season Over for me. #4  
Congrats! It's a good feeling. I have one more cut (the 3rd), this one is gonna be all square bales. I springs 10 acres of Jiggs and the fertilizer and rain did amazing. We updated all of our equipment too. We have been blessed this year.

/ 2016 Hay Season Over for me. #5  
Work alone or have helpers? How do you manage your squares from baler to barn? You deliver or customers pu? How long you had the 754 and how has it worked out for you? What year and type engine in your 2 and 4k Fords? What is a Uni 708? How about a picture of your place. Ky? Nice rolling hills? Woods?

/ 2016 Hay Season Over for me. #6  
So I did my last field work today. Because my field slopes toward my house (just barely) I need my plow lines going sideways. I finished that today just before the snow started. It was a little muddy so I left the tractor out to get a Mother Nature wash job, I'll put it away tomorrow.
20161123_160404.jpg

/ 2016 Hay Season Over for me.
Texasmark,
I sale app 1/3 out of the field. On moving the bales, I have a low trailer that holds 150 bales. I cut 300-500 bales worth at a time. I do not deliver any. I am up grading some of my hay equ in 2017.
On the 754, got it mid summer and have put over 110 hours on it.I think it was worth the money. Not top of the line, but a good buy.
The 2 and 4k fords have 3 cly gas engines, 3k - 1963, 4k - 1967. They both have been rebuilt 2-3 times and need it again.
The Uni 708 is a type of combine that you can change out all the parts on. Pick ear corn,shell corn,wheat,soybean,hay,silage,etc. They even made a snow blower for them.
Where I am at in KY, we have the smaller hills with hollows in between and then creek bottoms.
Out of 40+ acres, I have one halfway flat 3 acre field.

/ 2016 Hay Season Over for me. #8  
I hope I baled my last rd bales for the season after baling 50 bales yesterday.