Inline Baler + Old Farmhand Accumulator ?

/ Inline Baler + Old Farmhand Accumulator ? #1  

mattv1

Bronze Member
Tractor
CaseIH Farmall 75C
I got a new massey baler this year, replacing a NH273 that i had mated up with a farmhand accumulator. I had the accumulator running from a pump driven by baler flywheel. I've baled all of my fields without using the accumulator so far this year.

I have one flat, square field yet to hay again this season....going to modify the farmhand to run from the tractor hydraulics and fab some kind of a mount to reach over to the far side of the accumulator to keep it pulling square.

anybody done this before?

/ Inline Baler + Old Farmhand Accumulator ? #2  
Do tractor hydraulics have enough for the accumulator? We used a Farmhand PTO pump.

The MF inline baler is a Hesston. Surely someone has used a Farmhand accumulator on a Hesston, I'd think.

/ Inline Baler + Old Farmhand Accumulator ? #3  
Given the width of the Hesston axle frame, you should be able to connect up. You may wish to use an adjustable link on the far side connection to be able to tweak the tracking. Hope it works out for you.

/ Inline Baler + Old Farmhand Accumulator ?
Do tractor hydraulics have enough for the accumulator? We used a Farmhand PTO pump.

The MF inline baler is a Hesston. Surely someone has used a Farmhand accumulator on a Hesston, I'd think.

I have enough hydraulics on tractor. Also have a friend with a farmhand PTO pump buried in the shed that he's going to look for too.

I haven't found a single picture or word of discussion of using a farmhard with a hesston/inline. (other than this thread i started of course :)

thanks!

Given the width of the Hesston axle frame, you should be able to connect up. You may wish to use an adjustable link on the far side connection to be able to tweak the tracking. Hope it works out for you.

the angle from the baler to the accumulator still wouldn't be anywhere near 'straight' as it was on the older NH baler. My primary concern is lateral forces on the connecting steel and or the welded/modified mount point on the baler frame. I ended up just dropping the last field on the ground cause i was out of time to fab. Maybe this fall/spring i will get something put together.

/ Inline Baler + Old Farmhand Accumulator ? #6  
Maybe you can get some ideas from looking at Hoelscher bale accumulators on Hesston balers.

Thanks for the thought -- my 1839 has actually has a bracket for a hoelscher accumulator welded on the baler chute support tube and I saw pictures of how they had it attached. That mount point could perhaps work, but the tab would have to be bent and it's still rather close to the chute and the preferred position for strength and straightness would be much closer to the wheel itself.

bumping this rather old thread back to the top.

I've got to get this working this spring, one way or another. Can't handle picking up thousands of bales by hand. again. :)