Massey Ferguson 1745 round baler

/ Massey Ferguson 1745 round baler #1  

Hayboy83

Tractor
Mahindra 2565, Long 445, Massey Ferguson 1745 baler, John Deere 347 baler, New Holland 256 rake, Farmhand 8 bale grabbulator, Kawasaki 4010 Mule
After a long negotiation process, this year I purchased a used 2009 Massey Ferguson 1745 round baler for 9.5k. I don't know if we where just use to using old equipment but that little baler works good! The previous owner said it had less than 500 bales on it, the bale counter said 115 and the owner said he never reset that counter. I know I'm just taking his word for it but I don't believe he had any reason to lie since I already gave the man the money after seeing the counter. I know MF is not consider a leader in the baling equipment but that baler is nice.
However, I do have one small issue. When twine arm moves across the bale in the tieing process, the arm rubs on the pickup teeth. It's leaving some scaring on the twine arm. The baler works great and it ties ever time. One old timer that I talk shop with asked me "Does the baler work?" I said "Yes sir, it operates fine and puts out a good bale." He replies, "Than don't mess with it." LOL! Anyone else have this problem? I'm done with round bales for the season so I'm gonna look at it during my PM. Also can I add a mesh wrap to this baler?

/ Massey Ferguson 1745 round baler #2  
That's not old. That sounds like a new machine to me. Good buy!

I doubt the engineers designed that interference in.

Isn't that a Hesston?? I would talk to them about that issue. Something can't be right.

Hesston hay equipment is some of the best, I've been told.

Massey doesn't actually build balers, as far as I know.

A Hesston guy will probably know more about that than a Massey guy. That is if it's a Hesston.

PS, when you talk to someone about that machine, ask them if they know of anything in particular you should keep an eye on. It is old enough that the weaknesses have been identified...