Tonutti RS-8 V rake

/ Tonutti RS-8 V rake #1  

Soggy Bottom Outdoors

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 john deere 5075E and others
Anyone have this model rake or similar(Vermeer 22) with a center wheel kit? Does it work very well? Worth the money?Thanks

/ Tonutti RS-8 V rake #2  
If used, Check for old weld repairs that would indicate if the rake had been treated "rough" during its life. The other important thing to look for is excessive wear on the wheel tines or warped wheels. These type rakes do very good in most hay raking conditions. If raking for haylage, Not so much? Ken Sweet

/ Tonutti RS-8 V rake #3  
that's all weve used since we quit using side delivery rakes in late 70's , never used one with a center wheel. FWIW when you replace teeth its cheaper and less labor to just buy a couple new wheels and teeth each yr and then you have spare teeth off the old wheels. I prefer the caddy rakes as they are less aggressive with the ground and don't break as many teeth as lift type do.

/ Tonutti RS-8 V rake
Thanks guys. I wasn't clear on my question. I have the rake, bought is used but great shape and cheap. But I'm not happy with the way it rakes. I'd like to add a center wheel kit to it and narrow it down to make tighter windrows. Sweet do you have a center wheel kit for it?

/ Tonutti RS-8 V rake #5  
Thanks guys. I wasn't clear on my question. I have the rake, bought is used but great shape and cheap. But I'm not happy with the way it rakes. I'd like to add a center wheel kit to it and narrow it down to make tighter windrows. Sweet do you have a center wheel kit for it?

Sorry can' help on the kit. We are not a Tonutti dealer. Ken Sweet

/ Tonutti RS-8 V rake #6  
that is the kind of rake that i have. i have a center wheel kit. had it for 10 years now. on thinner hay it helps some. on heavy hay doesnt make much difference. sometimes maybe makes it worse. with a narrow wind roll outlet heavy hay will sometimes hang it up. make it too wide and the baler cant get it all. they dont work very good in small fields because of all the turning. i use a side delivery for them. never had to replace any teeth yet.