How many round bales can you pick up?

/ How many round bales can you pick up? #3  
If you saw that fellow moving bales at night with just his work light on - you might just run back in the house and lock the door. That IS one weird looking unit.

It would be interesting to see the joy stick(s) and control consul that are used to operate that THING.

/ How many round bales can you pick up? #4  
That just looks like an accident waiting to happen... Interesting tho

/ How many round bales can you pick up? #5  
Sure hope there isn't a soft spot or small depression in that field. That operation could easily become "12 on its side".

/ How many round bales can you pick up? #6  
Sure hope there isn't a soft spot or small depression in that field. That operation could easily become "12 on its side".

Agreed. On the bright side, though, while it might lay over on its side, it sure as heck won't roll over.

/ How many round bales can you pick up? #7  
Well I'm eating crow. First couple of times I passed this thread thinking it was a computer animation. This time I bit and watched it. Very impressive. "Boys and their Toys"....something the BTO just has to have you think??????

/ How many round bales can you pick up? #8  
Impressive, but it makes me wonder why he needs to pick up so many bales at one time instead of having a trailer closer to where the bales are?

/ How many round bales can you pick up? #9  
Impressive, but it makes me wonder why he needs to pick up so many bales at one time instead of having a trailer closer to where the bales are?

No kidding. With the amount of time spent (wasted) repositioning, he could have loaded 20 of them on a wagon with a FEL, especially if had a dual spear.

/ How many round bales can you pick up? #10  
No kidding. With the amount of time spent (wasted) repositioning, he could have loaded 20 of them on a wagon with a FEL, especially if had a dual spear.

It was a functional demonstration as to what it could do.....going to bet with out Computer Aided Circuit design software that booger wouldn't be here today.....quite complex for one's mentality without a lot of trial and error that wouldn't be cost effective but the computer came to the rescue.

I agree that unless you were transporting a great distance too much fooling around. The other thing is that the round bales looked like 5x6's and with a good solid, full dimension bale, with the tensioner set where it should be, those would be 15-1600# bales, x 12..... roughly 18,000#. What'd the tractor weigh, 10 maybe, maybe 14-15 with the weight of the implements.....looked like radial tires too....lots of swaying.