Welger WSA 350 bale size

/ Welger WSA 350 bale size #1  

scons

Bronze Member
Tractor
NH Boomer 50
Hi all,

I "scored" a baler, a Welger WSA 350 during the wintertime. There was no manual present. I am trying to get it running again, so far all went ok, odered some new parts to get it running in time, just mowed the pasture today.

But I have a question: Does someone knows how you can adjust the size of the bales ?

During a test run they came out pretty small, a little bigger would be better. Before I go turning every knob I thought maybe someone here knows how the adjust the size ...

Thanks.

/ Welger WSA 350 bale size #2  
Hi all,

I "scored" a baler, a Welger WSA 350 during the wintertime. There was no manual present. I am trying to get it running again, so far all went ok, odered some new parts to get it running in time, just mowed the pasture today.

But I have a question: Does someone knows how you can adjust the size of the bales ?

During a test run they came out pretty small, a little bigger would be better. Before I go turning every knob I thought maybe someone here knows how the adjust the size ...

Thanks.
Hello scons,

I also have a WSA 350 baler. I guess that you know how to adjust the bale length by now?

I have a question about what are called the "controlled restraints" in the parts book. They look like 2 x 4" knives that come up to oppose the ram pushing the hay back. They appear to work opposite to hay dogs. I have operated my baler for 2 years and only discovered today that this isn't working . Does anyone know what they do ?

I have loosely tied bales and wanted to see if there were any failed hay dogs that might be causing this. There don't appear to be any hay dogs, other than a sort of ratchet bar to hold thd hay toward the rear.

/ Welger WSA 350 bale size
Do you mean these things ? (red arrow)

wsa350.png

/ Welger WSA 350 bale size #4  
No, that looks like the ram.