I need a new Hay Rake

/ I need a new Hay Rake #1  

ALauer

Tractor
Ford TW10, 1973 Ford 4000, Ford TW25 II, 1999 Massey Ferguson 4253, 1973 Ford 4600SU, John Deere 7775, 1985 Ford 555B, 2016 Massey Ferguson 2680HD
Hello All,

For the last year and a half, I have owned a Durabuilt DuraRake. I bought it new from a local dealer. I will never buy another one of these again.

This rake is anything but durable. In only a season of usage it is already very broken. The whole back end of the rake needs to be re welded and likely reinforced. The warranty is up and so is my time of ownership. I will fix the piece of junk and then sell it back to the dealer at a loss. It is actually less time consuming for me to use my old 6 wheel rake, than use the new 8 wheel rake. ****, I could use a leaf rake and be faster than the DuraRake.

I need a new rake. I want an 8-wheel Rake that is durable and good at raking. Please give me some opinions on rakes. Thanks!

/ I need a new Hay Rake #3  
I don't know how much hating you are doing, I have been satisfied with both.a massey ferguson and John Deere side delivery rake. That may not be suitable for your operation. New Holland is some what king around here with swathers and rakes. I believe if you got the finances to work with, I would what new Holland had to offer.

/ I need a new Hay Rake #4  
I don't know how much hating you are doing, I have been satisfied with both.a massey ferguson and John Deere side delivery rake. That may not be suitable for your operation. New Holland is some what king around here with swathers and rakes. I believe if you got the finances to work with, I would what new Holland had to offer.
BIG TYPO: the first sentence should read " I don't know how much hating your doing" the typo turned the word in to hating which could offend some one. Please accrept my apologies.

/ I need a new Hay Rake #5  
BIG TYPO: the first sentence should read " I don't know how much hating your doing" the typo turned the word in to hating which could offend some one. Please accrept my apologies.
Dang it the word is supposed to be "haying"

/ I need a new Hay Rake #6  
I use a befco V-rake and like it very much. I realize a v-rake is not for everyone.

DSCN2563.JPG

/ I need a new Hay Rake #7  
Dang it the word is supposed to be "haying"

I feel your pain there. LOL I learned I DO NOT WANT AUTO CORRECT on. Like to have got me in trouble.

cat fever, what a great view you have there...

/ I need a new Hay Rake #8  
New Holland Procart 819.

Each wheel is independent where a lot of others have 2 wheels per pivot arm. Rakes clean but hates long stemy grasses like mature Johnson Grass.

I have the 1022.

/ I need a new Hay Rake #9  
I feel your pain there. LOL I learned I DO NOT WANT AUTO CORRECT on. Like to have got me in trouble.

cat fever, what a great view you have there...

Thanks, I do enjoy the view especially in the winter.

/ I need a new Hay Rake #10  
I've owned a JD 702 for at least 10 years. Zero issues. It's really a green painted Tonutti RSC10