Wheel rakes

/ Wheel rakes #1  

Linemanluke

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 4608
New holland procart 819 or Bush hog haymaker bsr 8 They look like they are exactly the same thing by pictures on the internet. Thoughts? Prices? Experiences? Running old style John Deere 702 wheel rake that's wore out

/ Wheel rakes #2  
Kuhn SR110 or SR112 are really good rakes.

/ Wheel rakes
Kuhn SR110 or SR112 are really good rakes.

Yeah. I've looked at them also I'm a fan of there tedders and mowers because that's what we currently own. Just like the build of the NH and bush hog better and I am sure they are probably a little cheaper

/ Wheel rakes #4  
Give Tx. Jim a shout. He is a commercial operator and likes his V wheels.....I think they are yellow and red.

/ Wheel rakes #5  
We've been using a JD 702 for about 15 years with no complaints. Any reason you don't just get another one?

/ Wheel rakes #6  
Give Tx. Jim a shout. He is a commercial operator and likes his V wheels.....I think they are yellow and red.

Mark
Thanks but I personally have been using a H&S 14 wheel bi-fold rake since '01 because I then have capability to rake hay that produces more tons per acre than a JD 702 or similar rake into a larger windrow without plugging & also be able to change raking width from 8'-27' just by moving a hyd control lever. I can also change windrow width by simply turning an adjusting crank. Most of those butterfly type rakes that resemble a JD 702 are built by Tonutti. One drawback to JD 702 is after raking many acres the hinge pins & holes get worn causing windrow width to become very inconsistent in width.

/ Wheel rakes
We've been using a JD 702 for about 15 years with no complaints. Any reason you don't just get another one?

News ones fold up better for going down road and threw gates..

/ Wheel rakes #8  
New holland procart 819 or Bush hog haymaker bsr 8 They look like they are exactly the same thing by pictures on the internet. Thoughts? Prices? Experiences? Running old style John Deere 702 wheel rake that's wore out

I have the bush Hog and I went from the 8 to the 10 wheel to cover the swaths I cut with our drum mower. I'm very happy with it.

/ Wheel rakes #10  
I have the NH 1022 procart. If your hay is under 3 tons to the acre they’re fine. Over that and you need a rake like tx Jim has. We’re raking right at 200 acres a year with it. No trouble so far. It’s 2 years old.
The 1022 can be made into a 8 wheel by pulling a pin and locking it up. It’s setup to be tooless but sometimes I have to have pliers to get the spring clips out.