Samasz drum mower

/ Samasz drum mower #1  

cabinhollow

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM 754,Ford 4000, AC B, Uni 708, KH 90
Anyone have one. I am looking at a 210. I have ran drum mowers for the last 25 years, started with a PZ 165, then went to a AGRO 185. Now I have a 70+ hp tractor and the 210 will be a better fit.
Have a Tar River dealer not to far away, but they just go up to the 185. 4 hour drive ( one way) to pickup a 210.

/ Samasz drum mower
Got it this week. Just got to unbox it and put it together.
100_4417.JPG
100_4418.JPG

/ Samasz drum mower
Got about 7-8 acres cut before the rain started.
The 210 is not just 10" or so longer cut, overall it is app 25% larger, than a 185.
You need a 70hp+ tractor with weight or loader on the front to handle it.
Ran good from the start, I just need to get the lift arms set right for a level cut. It does not float like my 185 did.

/ Samasz drum mower
Just about got it leveled out today.
Here what it looks like on my TYM 754.
Mowed at 10+ mph today.100_4688.JPG

/ Samasz drum mower #5  
Very nice! I'm thinking about a drum mower to replace the old worn disc mower.

This is a 7' mower right? I would assume you would outpace a 9' disc mower traveling at about 7 MPH in most fields? I have a new JD 5075E and I assume it should handle this mower fine? I've heard that you can mow with a drum mower as fast as you can stand to travel. Would this cut well in 540E? Using 540E in 9th or 10th gear would be nice, but if it requires a 70 HP tractor I'm thinking no? Maybe a 165 or 185 would work on a 70 HP tractor in that senario?

/ Samasz drum mower
The cut is 6'11".
I would not want the 210 on a under 70 hp tractor and if it is not 4 wheel drive with loader, you will need weights on the front.
On the 540E, I do not think a 70-80 hp tractor will have the torque to run the mower in 540E.
I set my rpm's at 1500, then use the foot pedal to run at 2100 rpm's. That way I can slow the tractor down when needed, but still keep the rpm's on the pto from dropping to low.
The drawback of a drum mower is the overall weight and the weight of the drums, that the tractor has to turn.
540E is not for heavy work. When I am doing light duty pto work, I put my pto in 750 and the tractor rpm's at 1500. That = app 540 pto.

/ Samasz drum mower #7  
Very nice! I'm thinking about a drum mower to replace the old worn disc mower.

This is a 7' mower right? I would assume you would outpace a 9' disc mower traveling at about 7 MPH in most fields? I have a new JD 5075E and I assume it should handle this mower fine? I've heard that you can mow with a drum mower as fast as you can stand to travel. Would this cut well in 540E? Using 540E in 9th or 10th gear would be nice, but if it requires a 70 HP tractor I'm thinking no? Maybe a 165 or 185 would work on a 70 HP tractor in that senario?

We sell the Tar River 185 Drum Mower at a competitive price with free shipping. Link below. Ken Sweet
Sweet Farm Equipment - New & Used Farming Tools & Equipment | Tractor Equipment, Implements

/ Samasz drum mower #8  
Got about 7-8 acres cut before the rain started.
The 210 is not just 10" or so longer cut, overall it is app 25% larger, than a 185.
You need a 70hp+ tractor with weight or loader on the front to handle it.
Ran good from the start, I just need to get the lift arms set right for a level cut. It does not float like my 185 did.

What do you mean it doesn't float? I have a 6' made in Turkey, Agri-something, floats on 2 3' discs that slide along the ground, independent of the tractor's ground orientation (within the limits of the machine). There is a storage arm that you flip down before storing, makes it support the weight of it's 3 pt connection so it's easy to connect and disconnect, and when flipped up in the mow position allows the isolation mentioned above.

Main thing to watch is having it level so that the blades rotated by the upper disc are the same distance off the ground in the front and rear. i put a level on it which helps me immensely as eyeballing it was iffy at that.

/ Samasz drum mower
Texasmark,
It floats good front to back. It's side to side that I do not have it level yet.
With this one you have to adjust the lift arms and then use a chain, that runs from one arm to the top link on the tractor to level it from side to side.
The two smaller ones I had, work just like yours.
This one has hydraulic lifting on it. (see picture in post #4)
See how all the paint is off the drum at the top of the picture and the bottom drum has lost very little.
100_4689.JPG

/ Samasz drum mower #10  
SaMASZ is a serious Haytools manufacturing company SaMASZ
Not some little company in Poland making mowers for Belco.