Hay Elevator

/ Hay Elevator #1  

MRF

Hi Everyone! Yeah it's hay season and I have lots to get up in my hayloft. I have finally decided to buy an elevator. Where's the best place to purchase one? Any other recomendations or suggestions regarding brands or types would really be appreciated. Thanks!

/ Hay Elevator #3  
TSC has them. Don't know if they're any good, just want to open all options. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Hay Elevator #4  
I'd check your local farm papers.. I see used ones for sale all the time.

/ Hay Elevator #5  
I picked up an old grain elevator, and took some of the separators out. It attaches to tractors PTO, but is a two person operation. One loading hay at the bottom, and watching the PTO speed, the other moving the bales at the top.

Picked it up for "free".

-Mike Z. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Hay Elevator #6  
I'm a new member. Have bought a used 16 ft hay elevator, "Bale Giant" model B73-CG (Dynamics Corp. of America, now defunct I think), from a neighboring farm. We've used it last summer, runs fine. It may be too old to get any info on the model.

Our neighbor is cleaning out her barn, OK to sell at whatever is the going rate. I've only seen one comparable (used 16ft SnowCo, for $170): that seems surprisingly cheap to me. even though we suspect ours is older. We don't want to underpay our good neighbor, but also like most farmers are not flush (neither is she). Does anyone know this model? Can anyone advise about a fair payment?

Many thanks, and I find your site quite useful already.

/ Hay Elevator #7  
Depending on condition and type, I see them going from $150 to $1200 locally.

Aaron Z

/ Hay Elevator #8  
We stock the new 16-20 and 24 Ft Snowco with New electric motors and Just got in 2 used elevators this morning. that will be going through the shop tomorrow. Ken Sweet