square baling with a 431/451??

/ square baling with a 431/451?? #1  

stevenbryant19

I've got a smaller farm and I square bale 25 acres. My dad has baled the farm for 30 years with a david brown 990 and had no problems as far as the tractor being able to pull the baler . . last year I purchased a new holland 565 square baler I believe the min Hp. requirement is 35 pto hp. I realize the 431 has 44pto and the 451 has 45pto I was just wondering is anyone had used one with a 565 and had decent power to pull hills because my farm is quite hilly and I dont want to end up with a tractor thats underpowered for my use . .

/ square baling with a 431/451??
I've got a smaller farm and I square bale 25 acres. My dad has baled the farm for 30 years with a david brown 990 and had no problems as far as the tractor being able to pull the baler . . last year I purchased a new holland 565 square baler I believe the min Hp. requirement is 35 pto hp. I realize the 431 has 44pto and the 451 has 45pto I was just wondering is anyone had used one with a 565 and had decent power to pull hills because my farm is quite hilly and I dont want to end up with a tractor thats underpowered for my use . .

/ square baling with a 431/451?? #3  
Mornin Steve,
My neighbor pulls his baler with a 60 HP JD 4WD and also pulls his hay wagon behind that, and baler has the kicker attachment. We have some pretty good hills up here. Sorry I dont have more info than that.

/ square baling with a 431/451?? #4  
Mornin Steve,
My neighbor pulls his baler with a 60 HP JD 4WD and also pulls his hay wagon behind that, and baler has the kicker attachment. We have some pretty good hills up here. Sorry I dont have more info than that.

/ square baling with a 431/451?? #5  
If you're just pulling the baler, either tractor should be fine. With a wagon and baler, it would be tricky if the hills are very steep.

/ square baling with a 431/451?? #6  
If you're just pulling the baler, either tractor should be fine. With a wagon and baler, it would be tricky if the hills are very steep.

/ square baling with a 431/451?? #7  
The 431 would be the min. that you could use. The 451 would do much better, power wise and weight.

/ square baling with a 431/451?? #8  
The 431 would be the min. that you could use. The 451 would do much better, power wise and weight.

/ square baling with a 431/451?? #9  
After looking at the specs on MF website, the 451 is a much better choice, namely because of the wet disc brakes and planetary final drive over the 431's dry drum brakes and direct type axle.

/ square baling with a 431/451?? #10  
After looking at the specs on MF website, the 451 is a much better choice, namely because of the wet disc brakes and planetary final drive over the 431's dry drum brakes and direct type axle.