11 h.p. wonder, Honda RT 5000

/ 11 h.p. wonder, Honda RT 5000 #1  

Tractors4u

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger
I picked these little jewel up Tuesday. I got it from an Ebay auction. It has an 11 horse power single cylinder gas engine. It is 4 wheel drive, 4 wheel steer with hydraulic lift on the front and rear. A Cat 0 3 point hitch was an optional item for these little tractors. I am thinking of fabricating one up. I don't know what I would put behind it, but I would be cool just to have on there. It also has a rear PTO, but I haven't taken the cover off to look at it. Everyone that has seen it has been skeptical about the 11 hp being enough power until they drive it. It has a 4 speed transmission with 2 reverses and a hi/low range so it really has a 8/2 transmission.

Attachments

• Resized_Honda Side.jpg
    Resized_Honda Side.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 7,570
  • Resized_Honda Front.jpg
    Resized_Honda Front.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 5,782
  • Resized_Honda Rear.jpg
    Resized_Honda Rear.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 3,955
   / 11 h.p. wonder, Honda RT 5000 #2  
Information about Honda RT5000, H5013, and H5518 Garden Tractors

Honda made some neat LGT's when they entered the market, many of their early models were even liquid cooled. They folded up their tent in the LGT market last year, just not being able to compete with the domestic makes. It would be a good idea to stock up on regular wear items if you have a Honda tractor, as they tend to discontinue selling parts on machines more than 10-15 years old.

-Fordlords-

/ 11 h.p. wonder, Honda RT 5000 #3  
It's too bad Honda got out of this line of products. They make nice mowers but it is hard to get parts once they discontinue the line. I had an older Honda Harmony riding mower (rear engine) which was a wonderful little machine but I sold it. Also have a newer Honda push mower which is a top-notch machine with an excellent cut and lots of power for mulching (it should be...since it was almost $600). I like their engines and their mowers. The one you just bought looks like another great product. It really is a shame they aren't going to make them anymore.

/ 11 h.p. wonder, Honda RT 5000 #4  
Brent, that's a darn good looking machine, almost looks like a UTV. Honda makes good equipment, hope you have good luck with it.

/ 11 h.p. wonder, Honda RT 5000 #5  
This was one of the only markets Honda entered in the USA where they could not make it. They used their standard philospohy where people would be willing to initially spend more on a quality machine that performs and lasts, but that market was already so heavily dominated by Deere and their network. It's sort of shameful because Honda was one of very few (if not the only) LGT manufaturers who made just about all of their own components- Honda tractor, Honda engine, Honda transaxle, etc. They are continuing to make the walk behind mowers and snowblowers, they just couldn't profit with the tractors. Their latest endeavor? Aviation- the skies will soon see Honda business jets.

-Fordlords-

/ 11 h.p. wonder, Honda RT 5000 #6  
That is a beauty of a machine! I think we're spoiled with our 20-25hp machines, nowadays. The classic JD 110 only had a 10hp engine and you could get FEL & all sorts of equipment for them.

/ 11 h.p. wonder, Honda RT 5000 #7  
That little Honda looks almost new. I'll bet you enjoy it.

/ 11 h.p. wonder, Honda RT 5000
When people doubt what the 11hp will do I remind them of the classic John Deeres, Cub Cadets, Bolens, etc. Back in the 60s and 70s these machies were 8, 10, and sometimes 12 hp and they were plowing and tilling gardens with them.

/ 11 h.p. wonder, Honda RT 5000 #9  
I looked at one of these little tractors a couple years ago.... though i think it had a few more hp (maybe 16?). It had a mower deck and a front mount 2 stage blower. What turned me against it was researching how much parts were. They are great little tractors though !
Congrats !

/ 11 h.p. wonder, Honda RT 5000 #10  
My father-in-law had one of those for probably 10-15 years. Loved that little tractor. He even fabricated a home-brew FEL for it!

He just sold it a few months ago to a neighbor as he just got a Kubota BX series.

I was always impressed with what he was able to do with that Honda!

c