Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer

Default Re: Good or Bad... Honda WX10 4cycle Water Pump?

Quote Originally Posted by mike57
    I've owned a WX10 for several years. Used it to water 100 newly planted pine trees with pond water. I used it all summer to water the trees during a summer drought. The output fitting is made for a garden hose. It's a great little pump! I haven't had a bit of trouble with it. Don't know what else you want to know. It just runs with the first pull. Mike57
    Same situation I'm in here in California with the water rationing...

Thanks Mike57!

Tractor
    Push mower, Snapper 21" 6 shovels, 2 rakes, a pick, 2 pinch bars, a post hole digger (two handle type) and 2 wheel barrows that handle like a Porsche.

Quote Originally Posted by ultrarunner
    Same situation I'm in here in California with the water rationing...

Thanks Mike57!
    What pressure will this pump reach?

Tractor

37 gallons per minute max at 51 psi max... should be plenty for my occasional needs.

It is very light, coming in just under 14 lbs...

Dealer told me up to 10 hours run time on 1 gallon.

I went ahead and ordered one from my local saw shop... nothing off of list price, but they are very easy to deal with and it's nice when you walk in the place and they remember you and keep a very big parts inventory on hand... Honda, Stihl and Echo are their major brands...

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 770, Yanmar 180D, JD 420 (not running), had a Kubota B6200

To save some bucks, you can get a Subaru powered pump from Harbor Freight for something like $250. Does the same thing, also 4 cycle.

These little pumps are best used for transferring water. If you put something like a nozzle on your hose, you will shorten the life of the pump, so I am told.

Be sure to get a hose designed for suction to use on the input end or the hose will collapse.

Tractor

Thanks Pilot...

I ordered the pump and told the dealer they can add it to their regular order to save on freight.

I was wondering about using a hose end spray nozzle and if it would create enough pressure to damage the pump. Honda suction hose and strainer are included...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12