Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson model 85, Allis-Chalmers WD-45

Default Re: Chains for my Honda

Quote Originally Posted by polo1665 View Post
    Just goes to show you, don't believe everything you hear. I was told that studded tires were illegal in Pennsylvania. Was Going to get a set for our Mustang (also useless in the snow). SWMBO may make winter shopping trips to Pittsburgh, I figured she would have to take the Durango.
    I can verify, but I believe they are legal from Nov. 1 to April 1. I have left a worn set on through the summer as they wouldn't do another winter anyway. I never got pulled over for it. Also, out of state plates don't count.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply.
    Willing is not enough, you must do.
    Bruce Lee

Gold Member
    Tractor
    JD 3320

I used these this winter on our very low clearance car. Very easy to put on, though not cheap for car cables, they work in a pinch if you need traction rarely or for short distances.

Amazon.com: Security Chain Super Z6, SZ139, Cable Chain for Passenger Cars, Pickups & SUVs: Automotive

Tractor
    Kubota, B7100HST-D

Before I had my tractor I once had to put chains on the intrepid to get out of my lane. They worked great but they did scrub the struts. You may not have enough clearance to put chains on a Honda.
    Steve

The best things in life are not things.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    LK3054XS Kioti

On my 2006 honda civic ex I went to 15" snow tires this year. There is night and day difference from last year on the stock 16" wider summer tires. My only regret is that I didn't do it last year.

Jim

Tractor
    Case 8116 Skidsteer

I bought an Accord in 1999 and it was scarry to drive in the snow. When the tires wore out, I put one size narrower tires on it and it made a big difference.
    Last winter our BMW AWD wouldn't go in the snow with new Michelins on it so I bought Blizaks and the NTB dealer showed me that the same size winter tire actually had a narrower footprint than an all season tire.
    Daaaad, can you fix this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12