Honda 4514 and/or 3813

/ Honda 4514 and/or 3813 #1  

Florida man

I have two mowers I am currently trying to keep alive.
I have a honda 4514 and a honda 3813.
Presently I have trouble with the 3813 being "locked" in the "cut mode". I can't get the PTO clutch to disengage.
I want to know if anyone has a suggestion other than taking the PTO clutch assembly apart and rebuilding with new parts. Is there something I might try before I completly rebuild.

The problem I am having with the 4514 is that it "occasionaly" puts out a big cloud of pure white smoke during a cutting. It usually only lasts about 30 seconds and then does not occur again during a cutting.
I have checked the oil level and it is OK.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I am in Tallahassee, Florida.
My E-mail address is allanndoris@embarqmail.com

Thanks for any help you can offer.

/ Honda 4514 and/or 3813 #2  
Your 4514 may have been overfilled with oil. Check oil level and correct to no higher than the full mark on the dipstick. On your 3813 the blade brake is what releases the PTO to stop the blades. The brake has three linings on it and they are bad about delaminating and falling off. When they come off the brake doesn't reach the clutch to release it. If you look at the front of your engine around the PTO clutch you may find some of the linings. The last brake I bought was around $135.00. Good luck!

/ Honda 4514 and/or 3813 #3  
You wouldn't happen to have a grass bagger on that 3813 that you'd be willing to sell would you?