Honda FRC800 Tiller engine problem

/ Honda FRC800 Tiller engine problem #1  

woodman5455

My tiller needed a belt adjustment after sitting all winter. It started up after only 2 pulls and ran great. I moved it to where I was going to work on it and loosened the motor mount bolts to adjust the tension on the belt.

I did lay the tiller on its side so I could get to one of the bolts easier. After finishing and turning the tiller upright I tried to start it to see if this fixed the problem. What I found was that the engine would not turn over. The pulley coming from the engine would only turn 1 1/2 revolution then the engine would get hung up.

I have looked and even took the engine pulley off. Nothing is binding so it must be from the engine itself.

Not sure where I should go from here or what happened to the engine to cause this except laying the tiller on its side.

Any help would be great.

/ Honda FRC800 Tiller engine problem #3  
Try removing the spark plug and pulling the starter rope.Stand away from the spark plug hole,if oil drained in the engine it's going to splatter everywhere.

amaxwell

/ Honda FRC800 Tiller engine problem
Checked that as well even took it off. Not the problem but thanks...

Thanks, I will try removing the spark plug in the morning. Pouring down rain here now. I will let you know if it works.

/ Honda FRC800 Tiller engine problem #6  
Hi! May be gaz in cylinder when you put engine on side float in carb open and gas flow inside . remove plug and turn engine for remove gas put some drop of oil in cylinder and change engine oil . Good luck Oldmech

Just wanted to let you all know the problem is fixed. It was oil that got into the cylinder from being turned over on its side.

Thanks to all who responded.