Honda EX5500 Generator - no power output

/ Honda EX5500 Generator - no power output
thanx tlambert.

But I tried that already with no success. I shurely need the brushes or a kind of a repair kit to overhaul the gene soon. Unfortunately I can not find a dealer here who knows about the distributors part numbers etc. Somebody told me to try in the U.K... but I found no contact/adress.

And dcyrilc has obviousely not visited these pages lately.. He wrote that he has ordered the brushes some years ago..

Thanx anyway for your kind link.

best wishes

felix

Sorry guys. You're right that I haven't been around for a while. Like six months. Man time goes by fast.:confused2:

Let me see what I can find and remember for a parts source and I'll post back.

/ Honda EX5500 Generator - no power output
   / Honda EX5500 Generator - no power output #23  
Cyril, good to hear you,re alive!!I too haven,t been on in some time,but do look in to see who,s on from time to time,be well my friend:thumbsup:Dave

/ Honda EX5500 Generator - no power output #24  
Just joined the forum, so sorry for this very late post. Cyril, you are one of the few people who I've seen post about their experiences tearing down an EX5500. I've got one with a bad starter that I'm just starting to open up, and already I can tell its going to be hours. I really like how quiet the generator is, and the generator has a great reputation, but given how old the machine is, I'm wondering if its going to be worth the effort. I knew I wouldn't have time to fix it before winter/power outage season starts here in Redmond so I've already got a replacement generator (I'd keep this one for a backup, or if I decide not to go through the effort, try to give it to someone for parts).

I have not found any instructions on how to disassemble it, so I'm just removing layers as they get in my way (and there are a lot of layers). Any suggestions?