Honda Generator Power head

/ Honda Generator Power head #1  

zr2logee1

Good evening all! I am looking to pick people's brains. I am looking to upgrade my current Honda EZ5000 generator. It is a great unit but it only has a 20amp plug on the 220 outlet. I am looking for a second generator with a 30amp. There is no doubt I will get another with a Honda motor but is it worth buying a full Honda model. I am looking at the NorthStar models and was wondering if both have the same engine is there a difference in the generator power unit?

Thank you!

Jeff

/ Honda Generator Power head #2  
Hey Jeff,
I haven't seen any NorthStars with Briggs motors just Hondas. That doesn't mean they might not exist. I have a Troy-Bilt model 5550 I got after Isabel took our power in 1993. Paid $640 but I wanted what your looking for, It has the 30amp 240v plug I use it for my RV now. It's 8 years old, but has the Briggs motor and you said you liked the Honda. Can't blame ya, there great products. I like US built stuff. I try to keep the money in country:) There are MANY small Gen-sets that have the 30amp plug and are cheap. If you stick to Honda $$$

Steve