gx390 oil in cylinder, what else?

/ gx390 oil in cylinder, what else? #1  

bunz

I have a BCS machine with a Honda GX390 motor. I the process of doing repairs on the PTO, the machine fell on its side -- powerful wind blew over this 200 pound machine... :mad:
So, I finish my repairs on the PTO and go to start the engine... doesnt turn over, so yes I had oil/gas mix in the carb. Cleaned out the carb, took out the spark plug and pulled the start cord many times to shoot out most of the oil. Started her up to a ton of smoke - not surprising. Going to change the oil now.
I haven't changed the oil yet, but after letting it run for ~10 minutes yesterday it was still burning off oil... anything else I should be worried about or check? Hopefully my gaskets etc are still fine....

Any help would be appreciated. Will report back after oil change.

/ gx390 oil in cylinder, what else? #2  
Hi. OK You must change oil. No Problem later. Your engine can smoke for less one hour and all be fine after. Worse. A lawn mower Honda turn over in running. I change oil . This engine is running again fine. Good luck! Oldmech

/ gx390 oil in cylinder, what else?
Yes indeed. Oil changed and it's running smoke free.
Now I have a new issue ... Seems that in the process of cleaning out the carburetor the throttle control was screwed up. The throttle on the carb wants to stay open. The throttle lever should by default want to stay closed, right? Not sure what I did, it all went together as it came apart....

/ gx390 oil in cylinder, what else? #4  
I believe there is a spring on the rod from the governor to the throttle control on the carb. Check and see if it is connected at both ends.