Honda Harmony Transplant

/ Honda Harmony Transplant #1  

Dannydjw

Tractor
Bolens Iseki G154:,Ariens HT16,model 934: Honda Harmony 1011 ride-on mower converted to 16 HP B&S twin Vanguard
Hi everyone
Just completed a transplant of a honda gxv 340 11 hp engine(which blew up for a second time), in a honda harmony, with a B&S 16 hp vanguard. Everything went well except the electrical hookup of the B&S. I need the electrical schematic for this unit which was a Harmony 1011,hydro, electric start. It is not shown in the ops manual. I will then tap into the original circuit on the machine for hook up to the B&S.
thks

Last edited:
   / Honda Harmony Transplant
Hi everyone
Just completed a transplant of a honda gxv 340 11 hp engine(which blew up for a second time), in a honda harmony, with a B&S 16 hp vanguard. Everything went well except the electrical hookup of the B&S. I need the electrical schematic for this unit which was a Harmony 1011,hydro, electric start. It is not shown in the ops manual. I will then tap into the original circuit on the machine for hook up to the B&S.
thks

Hi
i did manage to change the motor and figure out the schematics. Everything works fine. If anyone would like to know more info then reply to this message
thks

/ Honda Harmony Transplant #3  
Glad you got it running.

Im more curious about how you managed to blow up 2 gxv340's. We have one on a tiller too and it has to be close to 15 years old. Never a problem. Still starts first pull even with the old stale last summers gas in the tank.

/ Honda Harmony Transplant #4  
How old is that Harmony? They don't still sell them in Canada do they?

/ Honda Harmony Transplant #5  
I remember back in the 1970s or 80s when Honda started making small engines for agricultural equipment. Farmers were replacing clapped-out B&S motors with Hondas. :laughing: