FG110 tiller won't stay running

/ FG110 tiller won't stay running #1  

Alan L.

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B2710
My wife uses this great little tiller. The primer bulb crumbled and since then it will not stay running. I replaced the bulb this morning but still can't get it to run. Changed out the gas but didn't do any good. It will fire and run for 1-3 seconds then die. Seems if I over prime it runs a little longer but dies. Seems like it is running out of gas. I suspect something is plugged up in that little carburetor. In the old days I used to take these apart and clean them up, sometimes put new gaskets in them. but this little thing would be very tedious to rebuild. A new carb is about $60 looks like. Seems like just replacing it would be the way to go, but I think all the fuel lines need replacing too. I pulled the line out of the gas tank and blew out the fuel filter (it didn't look dirty) and could not get the little fuel line back on the filter with the tiny little hose clamp. After breaking of a few millimeters twice I finally put the line on the filter without the clamp. Pretty tight anyway. That fuel line is totally inside the gas tank and looks impossible to get to - same little clamps inside the tank. Then two more lines going from the tank to the carb on the outside.

Seems working on this thing is almost like micro surgery so I will probably take it to my lawnmower dealer and let them fix it unless somebody has any brilliant ideas.

/ FG110 tiller won't stay running
I went ahead and put a new carb on it it now it runs great. I got some fuel tubing but turns out I didn't need it. The guys at the lawnmower dealer said they don't put those little back - the tubing is tight enough you don't need them and they are next to impossible to work with. The carb was only $46 and was very easy to change out - 15 minutes tops.

/ FG110 tiller won't stay running #3  
I have the Exact same problem. I will see where I can get a new carb and do the same thing.
Thanks!