Honda weed-eater GX35 problem

/ Honda weed-eater GX35 problem #1  

IanM

Tractor
Kubota L2550GST
My three year old Honda GX35 has a fuel problem. With a full tank of gas it runs perfectly but as soon as the tank is down to about 75% full, it starts to lose power, stalls, and will even quit. If I hold it upside down it will run fine for a few minutes. As far as I can tell the fuel filter rests in the bottom of the tank like it should. I've replaced the air filter, the fuel filter, cleaned the spark arrestor (even removed it), cleaned out the fuel tank, soaked the carb inside and out with carb cleaner and it still won't run right. I'm reluctant to disassemble the carb but maybe that's next. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

/ Honda weed-eater GX35 problem #2  
Check for a crack or hole in the fuel line. The little filter may rest on the bottom ,but if there is a crack in the fuel line it starts sucking air and looses power. The gas we buy now is bad for these fuel lines . They are usually easy to replace and most parts stores sell them in the #of inches you need.

/ Honda weed-eater GX35 problem
Check for a crack or hole in the fuel line. The little filter may rest on the bottom ,but if there is a crack in the fuel line it starts sucking air and looses power. The gas we buy now is bad for these fuel lines . They are usually easy to replace and most parts stores sell them in the #of inches you need.

Good suggestion. I check it out tomorrow.

/ Honda weed-eater GX35 problem
Thank you! A new fuel line did the trick.