Honda 3813 surges

/ Honda 3813 surges #1  

John 96

Tractor
Honda 3813
Ran well most of this season but now surges. Replaced fuel filters, cleaned the carb, seems to have too much air. With my thumb covering 1/2 of the air intake to the carb it runs smooth. It does run smooth at highest speed but cuts out at 1'2 throttle. Dealer will ultrasonically clean the carb for me but I had it off and thought I cleaned it pretty well already. Any suggestions?
Also where is the serial number?

/ Honda 3813 surges #2  
Ran well most of this season but now surges. Replaced fuel filters, cleaned the carb, seems to have too much air. With my thumb covering 1/2 of the air intake to the carb it runs smooth. It does run smooth at highest speed but cuts out at 1'2 throttle. Dealer will ultrasonically clean the carb for me but I had it off and thought I cleaned it pretty well already. Any suggestions?
Also where is the serial number?

The serial number is on the frame toward the front on the right side if sitting on it. The carb has a black screw plastic on the side unscreww that and pull up and out the piece it sits on then pull the black plastic piece under that out take a very small drill bit and drill that out i did this and no more surge scottdanny

/ Honda 3813 surges #3  
The serial number is on the frame toward the front on the right side if sitting on it. The carb has a black screw plastic on the side unscreww that and pull up and out the piece it sits on then pull the black plastic piece under that out take a very small drill bit and drill that out i did this and no more surge scottdanny
Scottdanny is a Genius!
I have three HT3813 machines and I bought them 6 years ago because the previous owner thought they were crap. Well I fixed them and they have been running perfectly up until two days ago. One of them developed the demon engine surge. I thought it would be the carb so I gave it a thorough clean. Cleaned all the jets, re-installed the carb and it still surged. So I swapped the carb from the good machine and surprise it worked perfectly, no surging. So it was the carb. Lucky because I was about to dismantle the governor which would have been a real drama. So then by luck I found the message from Scottdanny and did exactly as he said and BOOM it worked.
I would not have found this little plastic piece without Scottdanny. So thank you Scottdanny and now I am a new member and looking forward to finding new gems. Incidentally I am in Wiltshire in the UK.