New genny Honda Eu2000i model. Purrs like a kitten!

/ New genny Honda Eu2000i model. Purrs like a kitten! #11  
For the commercial lawn mower folks the Kawasaki and Kohler engines are very popular. I have Honda engines for my generator and pressure washer, both very reliable and easy starting.

/ New genny Honda Eu2000i model. Purrs like a kitten! #12  
I wouldn't say it is a japanese american thing as much as a Honda vs. briggs thing. My tecumseh generator engine is loud and rattles like crazy. Not much better than a briggs.

The Honda brand has made some extremely fine machines and yes they are a japanese company but that does not mean all japanese machines are of similar quality.

/ New genny Honda Eu2000i model. Purrs like a kitten! #15  
I've also got the eu2000i. I've only used it a couple times in the two years I've had it,but it works great and is very portable. I got the paralell kit, so now I've gotta find a hot deal on a second eu2000i.:(

/ New genny Honda Eu2000i model. Purrs like a kitten! #18  
I've seen and heard the smaller Honda generators, the ones I've heard are very very quiet, I don't know if they are all that way. We didn't think to look at them when we bought one I guess.

I got hubby to get us one a few years back for hurricane season, he chuckled at the time and said we were just spending money for something we will seldom use. He said I'm not even putting oil in it at the time. ;) It's a 7500 watt Generac with 13500 surge. Ok, first year a hurricane hit. Our electric in this little corner of Texas comes from Entergy in Louisiana, used to be called Gulf States and they had major issues, so we used it almost a week.

After that hubby wired it into a panel in the well house and ran it back to the main panel. I have directions we typed up on how I turn off the main and use this, it has sure been wonderful to have the last few years. Since he is gone all the time I have power if I need it and don't have to call someone. But the guy behind me will help and his son put up the boards in our windows before the last one, we have floor to ceiling windows in the living room. I'm about ready to fill up my 50 to 70 gallon cans of gas again for the summer. The generator will run everything but my central AC and the dryer. It would run the old dryer but the new front loader has to much electronics, but that's ok, I can hang clothes out for a few days, no big deal. But we have lights, fridge, freezer, washer. My tenant rigs us up for TV so we know what is going on. DD and I can use fans and we don't mind. Being able to take hot showers and having food with propane is priceless beleive me.

We talked about a whole house system that would kick over automatically, priced them and all, but the problem is it would cost a fortune to run one of those for a couple of weeks. Also hubby said to run all our circuits would take a huge one that they are limited to something like 5. Soooo, it sounds like this will be the one we use. Tenant also hooks up his fridge and TV too.

/ New genny Honda Eu2000i model. Purrs like a kitten! #19  
Are the big Honda ones as quiet as the small? Our Generac is pretty loud, but we have it out back away from the house, but then when the power is out anymore you can hear the generators echo through the neighborhood even though the houses are strung out.

/ New genny Honda Eu2000i model. Purrs like a kitten! #20  
Are the big Honda ones as quiet as the small? Our Generac is pretty loud, but we have it out back away from the house, but then when the power is out anymore you can hear the generators echo through the neighborhood even though the houses are strung out.

Yes, all Honda Generators are quiet... some of the diesel units are used at a local winery for outdoor events and they are very quiet.

Honda also has a line of less expensive/less feature contractor units... quiet, but not as quiet.