Husqvarna lawn mower

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #11  
Was mowing tonight with the husky, first time I've had to mow in over a month. The lights wouldn't work, so now I gotta find out what is wrong with them. The wiring looks good, no connection loose.

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #12  
Was mowing tonight with the husky, first time I've had to mow in over a month. The lights wouldn't work, so now I gotta find out what is wrong with them. The wiring looks good, no connection loose.

I have a similiar problem, turns out to be the contacts in the swtch being dirty.

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #13  
I have a similiar problem, turns out to be the contacts in the swtch being dirty.

I hope not already, it's a new mower... well i guess it has 20 hrs by now.

/ Husqvarna lawn mower
thought i would update everyone on my Husky. I bought the one from lowes 48"... i have to say this is probably the 2nd worse mower ive ever bought. We have had it just about a 1 1/2 years, its got 111 hrs on it... so far the brackets for the deck just came apart, the welds were done poorly... ok so rewelded the brackets for the deck, the skidplate for the mower deck pealed off and folded back under the deck,ok got it straighten out and rebolted back to the deck, the next thing to happen was the right front tire just exploded, it came apart like the tread had separated... ok put on another tire.... now the hydro stat transaxle does not work... and im asking for help here. the transaxle will operate some what in reverse, and at a very low speed, but will fail to propel the mower up any kind of uphill grade, no matter how minor the grade it wont go forward. Ive checked the cooling fan it is operating the way its is supose to. the linkage looks fine and seems to works the way it supose to. the book says the unit is sealed and no need to check or replace fluid... and there are no apparent leaks.. help

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #15  
thought i would update everyone on my Husky. I bought the one from lowes 48"... i have to say this is probably the 2nd worse mower ive ever bought. We have had it just about a 1 1/2 years, its got 111 hrs on it... so far the brackets for the deck just came apart, the welds were done poorly... ok so rewelded the brackets for the deck, the skidplate for the mower deck pealed off and folded back under the deck,ok got it straighten out and rebolted back to the deck, the next thing to happen was the right front tire just exploded, it came apart like the tread had separated... ok put on another tire.... now the hydro stat transaxle does not work... and im asking for help here. the transaxle will operate some what in reverse, and at a very low speed, but will fail to propel the mower up any kind of uphill grade, no matter how minor the grade it wont go forward. Ive checked the cooling fan it is operating the way its is supose to. the linkage looks fine and seems to works the way it supose to. the book says the unit is sealed and no need to check or replace fluid... and there are no apparent leaks.. help

Wow,
What in the world are you mowing that causes that much damage? These decks are pretty heavy duty so i would be more inclined to call the deck issues operator error. As for the transaxle issue it could be a slipping belt or just a rocker pedal adjustment-I am leaning towards the pedal adjustment being out or bent somehow-especially givin the deck damage you got going on.

/ Husqvarna lawn mower
heavy duty decks???? mine isnt what you would call heavy duty, but no matter, the broken weld was just a poor weld done at the factory, and the skid plate, well the bolt may have been loose from the start, i dont know, but it came apart and folded under the deck when it caught on something. My wife does the mowing so its not being abused or treated more roughly than any other mower we have ever had. To jump to the conclusion that its "operator error" is a leap, with out knowing the facts and actually seeing the weld, and then to "assume" that the transaxle issues is due to a slipping belt or rocker pedal "given the deck damage issues we got going on" is nonsense, what? you didnt read the part that "the cooling fan operating the way its is supose to" also meaning that the belt is on and working "the linkage looks fine and looks to be working the way its supose to work" Come on, if your going to offer up some honest help fine, but to take pot shots is just low.

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #17  
I bought the 48" version in 2003 that has the Kawasaki twin eng. I have around 800 hours on it and it is wore out. This season has been constant parts replacement and repair. Thankfully my son welds. I believe I will now buy the cheapest rider I can find and replace it with a new one every 3 or so years. Quite honestly, I have been rough on it. I have a lot to mow and the leaves take me until almost Christmas.

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #18  
I had a 1548 that i sold to a neighbor when bought the 2754. Both have been great machines. The 1548 has about 500 +- on a kawy engine. Only problem was bad fuel. the 2754 has about 200 hours on it and have had zero problems. Bought were bought at a husky dealer and have the orange decks. It sounds like the OP just got a tractor built on a Monday :laughing:

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #19  
december45 said:
heavy duty decks???? mine isnt what you would call heavy duty, but no matter, the broken weld was just a poor weld done at the factory, and the skid plate, well the bolt may have been loose from the start, i dont know, but it came apart and folded under the deck when it caught on something. My wife does the mowing so its not being abused or treated more roughly than any other mower we have ever had. To jump to the conclusion that its "operator error" is a leap, with out knowing the facts and actually seeing the weld, and then to "assume" that the transaxle issues is due to a slipping belt or rocker pedal "given the deck damage issues we got going on" is nonsense, what? you didnt read the part that "the cooling fan operating the way its is supose to" also meaning that the belt is on and working "the linkage looks fine and looks to be working the way its supose to work" Come on, if your going to offer up some honest help fine, but to take pot shots is just low.

I bought mine from Sears, maybe they sell a higher quality version with better parts? I say operator error because that's some heavy damage that just doesn't happen without some serious bangs. My deck will only bend or break if you took a sledgehammer to it, I have even dropped it upside down on concrete a couple times storing it for winter. I have hit some really hard stumps and roots with my deck and with 300 hours on it it looks dang good. My 1.3 acre property is so rough I have to take a break in between mows. I gave you some good honest advise and if the shoe fits, wear it. If not, don't worry about it. I'll keep mowing with my 2448 for years to come. Oh and my deck is green....

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #20  
I don't know about older husqvarna, but in my area the newer ones are sold with 2 types of decks, stamped and welded. the Husqvarna mowers sold at Lowes, TSC, and similar box stores only carry the stamped deck models. To get the heavier welded deck you have to go to a tractor dealer.

I'm kind of disappointed in my "new" mower that I bought this spring. The lights stopped working after about 10 hrs. I have not spent much time trying to figure it out, except the wiring looks ok. The mower won't even start now, after about 10 usages. It acts like it is getting no spark. plugs look clean. I've ran the battery down trying to start it, and tried with jumper cables on it. Just won't start, and I don't have time to mess with it right now.