Husqvarna lawn mower

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #1  

december45

went by lowes today they have a 48" cut Husqvarna rider mower, its got hydrostatic trans, and electic pto engage.... looks very simular to the JD they have right next to it.... for more money.
both have BS motors, the Husqvarna is $1850.00

What i would like to know is what you think of this mower, is there some thing better to get in the $2000 range

i checked at Home depot and the biggest cut they had was 42"

let me know good bad or ugly????

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #2  
I bought the 46" last month and really like it. The 48" had a problem a couple years ago with the forward rod on the foot pedal not allowing it to go forward very fast. I'm sure they've probably corrected that by now. I also wanted to stay with the manual cable blade engagement. I've had enough problems with electrical switches. Overall it's a very well made mower and does a great job for me even in tall grass.

/ Husqvarna lawn mower
thanks Gary

anybody else have any ideas comments what evers...

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #4  
went by lowes today they have a 48" cut Husqvarna rider mower, its got hydrostatic trans, and electic pto engage.... looks very simular to the JD they have right next to it.... for more money.

What i would like to know is what you think of this mower, is there some thing better to get in the $2000 range

Welcome to TBN!!!

I have a friend that bought the 48" Husqvarna mower and he really likes it.....He put some super lug tires on the rear the day after he bought it...and his came with a front bumper.

I tried to get him to buy a JD....But i had no luck:D

I saw these mowers the other day at lowes in the $2000 range.

Husqvarna at Lowe's: 25-HP 54" Cut Hydrostatic Garden Tractor

This Johndeere was $2400

John Deere at Lowe's: 26-HP Hydrostatic 54" Cut Lawn Tractor

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #5  
FWIW, a local small JD shop uses a Husqvana riding mower to mow around his building instead of a JD, and he does not sell Husqvarna.

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #6  
My son had an older Husqvarna ran good but the linkage holding the deck was way too light, the pivot points wore out quickly. Plus the deck was a real pain to remove, they may have changed the design recently. It is something I would look at if I were buying I remove my deck several times a year for cleaning and as long as I have it off I take the time to sharpen blades. Good luck with whatever you buy.

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #7  
went by lowes today they have a 48" cut Husqvarna rider mower, its got hydrostatic trans, and electic pto engage...
1*. looks very simular to the JD they have right next to it.... for more money.

2*What i would like to know is what you think of this mower, is there some thing better to get in the $2000 range

3*let me know good bad or ugly????
1*All box store mowers look alike.
2*The best box store mower is the lowest priced one.
3*If buying from a box store go with one with the lowest price.

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #8  
I remove my deck several times a year for cleaning and as long as I have it off I take the time to sharpen blades. Good luck with whatever you buy.

I do the same thing & i try not to cut the grass when its wet.

/ Husqvarna lawn mower #9  
I've found all stores sell husqvarna at the exact same price, except sears which marks theirs up 15% so they can then have a 15% off sale.
Look at husqvarna web site, they have the list prices, I have yet to find anyone to sell one for anything other than this price, unless it was an old unit that sat outside for a year, then they might discount it some.

I just bought the YTH24V48LS, used it today for the first time. The LS runs about $800 more than the YTH2348, but it has a much heavier steel (orange) deck instead of the stamped (gray) deck, it has rear locking differential, has the twin cylinder Endurance engine instead of the Intek, better seat. put 3.5 hrs on it today, mostly the kids using it, which is why I bought it.

Like all the brands, they have lower priced units and heavier built more expensive units. It depends on what you want to pay for, I'm very glad I went with the heavier unit.

edit: the box stores here don't sell the heavier units, I got mine from a dealer.

Attachments

• husqvarna yth24v48ls.jpg
    husqvarna yth24v48ls.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 6,894
   / Husqvarna lawn mower #10  

I have the yth2448 model I bought in 2005, has 200 hours on it and so far the only problem I'm having is the fuel. Mostly because of the ethanol crap and of course I was using a fuel stabilizer that was no good. I mow 1.3 acres of land and it's very bumpy property, it does eat up gas because it's got a bigger engine and gas and ethanol don't mix well with small engines.