New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #281  
i'm happy with mine. the only issue i can think of is, in certain scenarios, it is hard to start. starting from cold, it will fire on a cpl pulls. after running and i shut it off for 5 mins or so, starts on 1 pull. but if, after running it, i let it sit for 20-30 mins, it doesn't want to start again. takes a cpl of 'purge carb', pull a cpl times, 'purge carb', pull a cpl times sessions to get it to go.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes
Please do let us know what you think of the 346xp compared to your old 51. I had a 50 and 51 years ago too. Then I moved on to 55's. I'm still quite happy with my 346's and my 372xp for the bigger trees.

Just picked up anew XP346 yesterday. Its an upgrade from my 20 year old 51, that been a fine saw,but figured it was time to upgrade. I don't need a beast and settledon what I thought was a good midsize with room to spare should I need the xtra power. We closed on 13 acres and the 51 was giving me a workout. I am clearing pines and mostly softwoods of various size and saving the hardwoods.Got some new husky chaps as well asi am accident prone and typically work alone as I have no one round to really help out.
Looking forwaed to seeing if it make life a little easier,as well as my back.

I'll keep the 51 as a back up,but after reading all these post, perhaps its better left at home

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #283  
Please do let us know what you think of the 346xp compared to your old 51. I had a 50 and 51 years ago too. Then I moved on to 55's. I'm still quite happy with my 346's and my 372xp for the bigger trees.

I had changed out the bar and chain from the day I brought the 51 home.I believe it was a .325 pitch with an 18" bar new,and had the dealer swap to a 16"bar with a 3/8" full chisel.
Not sure how the stocker would have ran,noe the less I'll keep you posted.I am pretty excited to try it out, but currently bogged down around the house,maybe this weekend or next week.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #285  
I just sent in My 346OE for porting ,muff mod ,and carb upgrade . Hopefully it'll beat my wife's 550xp . :)