New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #41  
I also bought a Husky 362xp yesterday with a 24 inch bar setup for $325.00
If it's anything like the 365XP, you'll LOVE it!! ;)

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #42  
Just a little FYI on the 14,700RPM thing. It really doesn't matter as the saw makes peak torque at 9600RPM. That seems to be right about, or 100RPM higher that where most saws make peak torque.

You will get the most productive cutting out of a saw when it is turning right around that number.

I guess we need a new saying. "torque cuts wood, high RPMs sell saws."

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #43  
If you like Stihl, try the Stihl MS260, it is around $100 more than the MS270 and pro grade saw. If you can wait, my local dealer Farmington Valley Equipment has a 10% off MSRP sale every Spring and Fall. That is when I purchased all my Stihl equipment. I am looking to get a MS361 this Spring. Husky makes great saws to so a lot depends on your local dealer support. All the local dealers around me carry Stihl.

If you are wanting the MS361, you better find one quick! It has been replaced by the MS362 and there are no more 361s in the Stihl warehouse. Last time I ordered, they did have a few of the ones with the extra chain brakes.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #44  
If you are wanting the MS361, you better find one quick! It has been replaced by the MS362 and there are no more 361s in the Stihl warehouse. Last time I ordered, they did have a few of the ones with the extra chain brakes.

Just called my stihl dealer,they have 1 361 left...then thats it...personally for the $$ Id take the cheaper,more powerful dolmar/makita 6401 over it,and be able to do a 79 or 84cc big bore later on.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes
If it's anything like the 365XP, you'll LOVE it!! ;)

I found out it is based on the 372xp frame which has the large frame bar and not the smaller 262xp frame. The saw does run super and I will be giving it a good workout this coming weekend on a 24 inch oak tree. I may also consider giving it a big bore kit just for giggles. I can get one of those fairly cheap.

I've noticed what you are talking about after doing some more investigating. I also noticed that a lot of the saws peak at 9000 rpm's.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #47  
I found out it is based on the 372xp frame
Should be a super performer.. ;)

I may also consider giving it a big bore kit just for giggles.
:D I never cease to marvel at our penchant for doing such things. If I only had the $$$ I spent over the years doing stuff like that.... :(

:D I never cease to marvel at our penchant for doing such things. If I only had the $$$ I spent over the years doing stuff like that.... :(

LOL, Of course I wouldn't do it until the original piston and cylinder wear out. I don't believe in messing with something that runs just fine.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #49  
I found out it is based on the 372xp frame which has the large frame bar and not the smaller 262xp frame. The saw does run super and I will be giving it a good workout this coming weekend on a 24 inch oak tree. I may also consider giving it a big bore kit just for giggles. I can get one of those fairly cheap.

I too picked up a 362xp a few years ago. I won it on an ebay auction from a local pawn shop. It ended up being $165 with a BRAND NEW bar and chain. I thought I did alright. Its based on the older 372xp frame (371xp). PM me with email if you want a pdf service manual.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #50  
the early model 362 has a small mount bar pad and the latest model has a large mount bar pad (won't interchange) 346XP small mount. 372XP large mount.

just lettin' you know of one of the production changes that screw people up. :mad:

you got .325 & 3/8 pitch saw chain small mount guide bars.