New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #81  
Yeah thats what I did and sorry for the confusion I butted in anyway where I see now you were attempting to point out features some folks dont know till its too late.

I have plastic case Huskys in the past for conversation and fwtw never had a bit of trouble with them a 345e was the predecessor to my NE346 as my trim saw it just wasn't enough power to more than trim.

fwtw for the extra $50 I would still spring for the 346 over the very capable 353. The 346 old and new versions are one heck of a little saw imho.

My 372 sits 90% time now hate to say it but I pick the 346 up its a pure joy I built an L bracket mounted under the bar that serves as a kick stand to keep the little tipper upright. ;)

No problem CD. That's what i figured happened. Here, there is a $100 difference between the two saws. ($400 and $500) The 346 screams like a banshee in a bear trap but the 353 is not far behind and a more all around saw imo. I use the 372 for bucking and the seldom seen 30" tree fall. My go to saw has been the 257-357 duo as if you have 2 different bar lengths you gotta have 2 saws right? I limb with the 346 but I find the 353 very capable and bring it along more often . I recently had a 385 with a 28" bar for stumping. It has more torque than the 372 but it was only a bit more powerful than the 372. My wife states I can only own five chainsaws at a time. She has no limit to what I can buy to try out as long as I sell anything beyond 5 saws after my curiosity is peaked. She also has no idea on what these things can cost which fits in nicely. Some call this an addiction....the nerve of some people!

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes
I'll stick with my 346xp any day. I use my new 372xp now for falling trees that are bigger than 12 inches. If you prime the 346xp until you feel a bit of pressure it will start on the first pull. At least that's what mine does. I'm still glad that I bought them.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #83  
Today I decided to bite the bullet and buy a Husky 346XP chainsaw. I have been looking for a used one for the last couple of weeks on C/L and Epay. The crazy prices people are asking for the old slower version and used newer updated version led me to just go out and buy a new one. I found that a few dealers were sold out of them. I also found that a few dealers are overpricing them by as much as $70.00 over MSRP. So I let my fingers do the walking and found a local dealer that had them for the suggested retail price. He also swapped out the 16" bar/chain for an 18" setup at no cost. The price was $489.00 plus tax. This saw has a two year warranty for homeowner use. I compared this saw to the Stihl MS260 PRO 3.4HP. This saw is more powerful, lighter, higher revving and cost less than the MS260 PRO. Buying the Husky was a no brainer for me. I came home and played with it right away. I went through four tanks of gas this afternoon with this saw cleaning up tree limbs that fell from last December's ice storm. I have been using chainsaws since I was a kid back in the late 60's. I also own a Husqvarna 262XP, Husky 55 Rancher and Stihl 210c. Here is what I think of this 346XP. It is like a chainsaw on steroids. It screams to be let loose. It does not bog down, falter or even think it is cutting wood. It is by far the lightest and fastest saw that I have ever used or ever want to own. The weight is just over 11 pounds without the bar and chain. It produces 3.7HP and cranks a mean and wild 14,700 RPM's. Needless to say, this saw is dangerous. It will and can make a 4" round 6 foot log roll right up to your knee without even thinking about it. I know because it happened to me this afternoon. It is so fast that the log was up to my knee before I could even let off the trigger. I have owned many saws over the years and used plenty of other peoples saws. I have never in my life used a saw like this one. Now I am really glad that I went out and bought a new saw instead of a used saw. So if you are considering a new Husky 455 or 460, forget it. This saw is morepowerful and lighter. Yes, it does cost more to buy. The advantage is that you will be cutting more wood in the same amount of time and not having to use a heavier saw. Should anyone that reads this live in my area and would like to try it out, just email me. I have plenty of downed wood that needs to be cut up. Plus I will send you to the same dealer where I got mine. He does have them in stock.

If you cut wood with ANYBODY, and they "accidently" grab your 346...they'll CONTINUALLY "accidently" grab it

If you cut wood with ANYBODY, and they "accidently" grab your 346...they'll CONTINUALLY "accidently" grab it

You should have said that they will probably steal it on you. I now have two of these 346xp's. I still am quite impressed with how they run and cut.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #85  
At home and on side jobs, I'm all about my 359 with a 24" bar and (usually) a full skip chain. When I'm fighting fire, I prefer either a Husky 365 or a Sthil 044 (whichever isn't in pieces in the back of the crummy:D).

Unless I'm climbing, anything with less power or less bar length is just useless out here.

You boys have real trees out there in the NW Territory. We have a lot of baby trees compared to your trees. A two footer out your way is small. A two footer out here is big. I do have a 372XP for the bigger trees. It sports a 24 inch bar.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #87  
You boys have real trees out there in the NW Territory. We have a lot of baby trees compared to your trees. A two footer out your way is small. A two footer out here is big. I do have a 372XP for the bigger trees. It sports a 24 inch bar.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the 372's. Ran 'em for a bit a couple years ago. They'll run 24" with a GUMPTION.
:licking:

I thought Husky was doing away with the 372XP due to emmissions? I thought I had grabbed up one of the last ones for $700.00 when I bought mine. I see they are still advertising it on their website.

/ New Husqvarna 346XP Yikes #89  
Didn't hear that. I know they have another line or something that's better on emissions. The 359 as opposed to the 357, for instance. There's a green gas cap and different muffler.

Before I bought mine I had done some research on the net about the 372XP. There was a big shortage of them all over the place. No one locally had one in stock. I found mine out of state for a great price. The place had two of them for sale, both were demo saws Husky had sent him to use. Neither of them had bars on them or run. He sent me mine with the 24 inch bar setup. My local dealer told me they were doing away with it. I also read online at several websites that it was being dis-continued. Maybe Husky changed their minds on it.