need advise on new husky saw

/ need advise on new husky saw #1  

gochenour799

Ok you husky guys I am ready to up grade. I starting cutting wood 4 seasons ago for a outside boiler with a pouland that only lasted a year. So I bought a 455 rancher. And omg it was a beast compared to the wildthing . I know I know . But I am on the right track now .
So anyway that's my story . So I want a husky pro saw with a 24" bar . So which one ? There are so many . I cut around 10 to 12 cords a year.

/ need advise on new husky saw #2  
24" bar, you have mighty big trees there

mine is a 357XP and my dealer advised me against going any larger than a 18" bar, I'd have no use for a longer bar anyhow

if you absolutely, positively must have a 24" then you should jump all the way to 372XP at least IMO

/ need advise on new husky saw
24" bar, you have mighty big trees there

mine is a 357XP and my dealer advised me against going any larger than a 18" bar, I'd have no use for a longer bar anyhow

if you absolutely, positively must have a 24" then you should jump all the way to 372XP at least IMO

Well my heart is not set on 24" but my 455 husky has a 20" bar and it seems that if I had just a little more I would only make one cut instead of cutting both sides . Idk I'm new to all this . I do cut a lot of big trees and get a lot of big trunks after other people have cut the easy stuff . My favorite size log is about 12" x 32" I can put four of these in my stove and some small stuff and if its above freezing it will go for about 36 hrs....... just widow shopping right now .

/ need advise on new husky saw #4  
Husky's are good saws. 372xp gets lots of good reviews. If you are on a budget, go to Baileys.com and check out the Makita 6401. Lot of saw for the buck, ($495), plus you can get an upgrade kit to an 84 cc saw for about an extra $100. Run the stock saw which is a 64 cc setup and when and if you wear that out you have a spare cylinder and piston for an 84 cc screamer. Tough to beat that deal. By the way I have 2 of the Makita's. My favorite saws, even over the Stihl's that I own.

/ need advise on new husky saw #5  
Well my heart is not set on 24" but my 455 husky has a 20" bar and it seems that if I had just a little more I would only make one cut instead of cutting both sides . Idk I'm new to all this . I do cut a lot of big trees and get a lot of big trunks after other people have cut the easy stuff . My favorite size log is about 12" x 32" I can put four of these in my stove and some small stuff and if its above freezing it will go for about 36 hrs....... just widow shopping right now .

a 20" bar on a 45cc saw is pushing it, an oversized bar puts stress on the motor, you lose some RPM and your oiler may not have enough volume to handle the longer bar

shorter bars are safer when you move the saw around a lot, they cut faster and are also faster to sharpen

/ need advise on new husky saw #6  
357 is a **** of a saw, for a pro. 372 is a "Holy ****, Hang On" kinda saw. Either one of these is a $600 plus saw. i have a 60cc Rancher. Love it, but i know how to keep the rakers just right, and it tuned to run hot. $400. Cut alot of wood on the yard with a 45cc. But the thing was Sharp

/ need advise on new husky saw #7  
I am a Stihl man, a good friend is a dealer, but if he sold Husky-I would buy a 372 and not look back.

Will

/ need advise on new husky saw #8  
372XP would handle a 24" bar with no problems....and you'd have a helluva cutting machine. I have a 385XP with a 32" and I use that more for general cutting because it slices thru wood so fast, and easier to limb trees. JMHO!

/ need advise on new husky saw #9  
As you already know, bar length creates the size of the saw. If you want 24", then you'll have to go the 372. A 357 would be more of an all arounder with a 16" and 20" bar. A 357 will handle a 20" especially if you are using the larger bar for felling specifically. I buck all of my logs with a 16". The 372 can get a bit heavy for limbing, however, a healthy user can adjust to any weight saw after awhile but a 372 with a 346 companion saw is a great combo for the amount of wood you are producing. If it absolutely essential for you to have 24" then get the 372

/ need advise on new husky saw #10  
372XP would handle a 24" bar with no problems....and you'd have a helluva cutting machine. I have a 385XP with a 32" and I use that more for general cutting because it slices thru wood so fast, and easier to limb trees. JMHO!

I love the 385 and would purchase it before the 372 if money wasn't an issue for any operator.