Good Luck with Husqvarna

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #1  

Islanddreamer

Tractor
Husqvarna, yth24v48ls
I bought a new supposed high end Husqvarna lawn tractor model YTH24V48LS in July 2010. The first time out it would not reverse up a slight grade, I had to pull it up with my pick-up truck. An hour later the hour meter fogged over due to moisture inside the sealed guage. Then the grass deflector snapped off. Next the engine would just quite after running for about a half hour. Followed by a bad bearing in one of the idler pulleys on the heavy orange mow deck. That's not all, the plate where the deck lift lever locks into is rusting out. Oh, did I mention how the tractor gouges my lawn as well. :thumbdown:
So far, the reverse problem was due to an incorrect length on the rod and was corrected by bending the rod, (there is no adjustment). The grass deflector was replaced by the dealer however I will not install it because it is so ridgid that it does not flex and should it hit anything it would just snap off again. The dealer did get the new pulley and replaced it. The hour meter has been on back order since July, the engine still quits after a half hour or so despite the dealer trying to correct it, the plate where the deck lift lever locks in is still rusting and the engine still quits, yes it still gouges despite all the adjustment made so unless your yard is level and flat expect a bad cut. :(
I contacted Husqvarna in North Carolina. I have never encountered such rude, incompetent and obstinate customer service in my life and never hope to ever do so again.:mad:
If you don't believe how bad they are call yourself, 800-487-5951. Then look at a John Deere.

Last edited:
   / Good Luck with Husqvarna #2  
I have the same tractor or very similar. When we bought it, we were impressed by the grease fittings, heavy deck, etc, and of course the name. We bought it from a large tractor dealer and not a box store. We had just given up on a failing sears tractor and thought we were buying up into a better brand.......

The first year was not bad and even today the tractor engine starts and runs well (unlike the sears). The tranny will not go up the same hills the sears did. The tranny will not hold going down hill. My wife has had several runaways as the brakes don't hold her. Bolts continue to fall out of it, especially the seat and deck suspension. The mower deck suspension has never been right, the deck is rarely level to the ground despite hours of effort.

To add insult to injury, we quickly learned after purchase that this came off the same assy line as the sears unit we replaced.

The good news is that we can order parts from sears directly on the web and skip the dealer completely! Thus far: deck spindle, deck suspension parts, belts, etc

:( Yeah, good luck with Husqvarna tractors. (I am still happy with my Husq chain saw)

:) Footnote: Out of frustration with the Husqvarna, this past summer I dug out the sears tractor from the field and was able to get it running again by adding a small electric fuel pump before the engine. I replaced several parts including the ignition and hope to put it back into service in the summer of 11.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #3  
Yup- They are just a Sears in Orange.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #5  
I had 2 husqvarna's Lawn tractor's before I bought my JD zero turn, and they were both great for about 10 years each. I knew I could buy blades and spindles at sears but didn't know they were made side by side. Hope your old Sears mower does you better.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna
Interisting response from all. Thanks smstonypoint for the link to Wikipedia. It seems Husky was spun off from electrolux in 2006. doall had two good Huskys that lasted 10 years each, they must have been made before the electrolux spin off.

That could be the difference between the quality of the machines then and now. Could be Husqvarna is a has been. How long before it catches up to them. You can't live on reputation for long. How long can they make crap and expect the consumer to continue to buy. Remember Detroit.:thumbdown:

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #7  
Could be Husqvarna is a has been. How long before it catches up to them. You can't live on reputation for long. How long can they make crap and expect the consumer to continue to buy. Remember Detroit.:thumbdown:

Unfortunately, brand "depreciation" seems to be too common as a business practice. Black and Decker bought Delta/Porter-Cable some years ago, and has now "depreciated" at least a portion of the Delta and Porter-Cable (PC) product line IMO. The PC cordless tools used to be built for "pro" use, but now appear to be geared toward "homeowner" use.

Steve

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #8  
Sorry to hear that.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #9  
My son is having to continually take his Husky chain saw back in. Something about the brake clutch assy. plus it floods out the engine unless you go thru a set procedure over it before pulling the rope carefully.Me, I still use my 20 year old Stihl, guess i won't update to hi-tech. Jy.

/ Good Luck with Husqvarna #10  
I'm in Australia and recently bought a 20HP 38 inch cut new Husky ride on mower. Cost over $3,000 (about the same in $USD) It lasted 4 hours before a cable let go under the dash meaning I couldn't engage the mower blades. Husqvarna Australia's head office response was "we make thousands of mowers a day - we have no idea if a cable will last 4 hours or 4 years." Rude and arrogant.

As well as doing the warranty on the cable, I finally got them to agree to pay for the labour for the first service which is due at 8 hours - with me paying for the oil and filters.

When I arrived at the dealer to pick it up, I was presented with a bill for $175 - he said Husky authorised him to do another pre delivery service and I was to pay for the first service. After much heated debate I got out the warranty book which shows the pre-delivery and first service check lists are virtually identical - apart from the oil change. Even this guy had difficulty proving he did every check twice - once paid for by Husky and once paid for by me!

I think he finally agreed to me just paying for the oil etc to get me out of his store - which was busy and lots of customers were interested in what I was expressing about Husqvarna quality control and service.

Seriously unimpressed.