DRT 900

/ DRT 900 #1  

Qapla

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC40D HST 4WD FEL/BH
Just bought a DRT 900 tiller. So far ... so good.

While looking at them I saw the DRT 900E. The "E" is for electric start. The thing is, the "electric start" is AC, not DC. The tiller does not have a battery, you have to plug an extension cord into the front of it for the electric start.

Anyone besides me think this is a bit odd? I guess the idea is, that when you get the tiller out after winter, you plug it in to check it out and service it for the season. Then, when you actually use it, you use the pull rope.

If I am going to pay the extra money for electric start, I want to be able to "key start" the machine while I am working in the field.

With the money I saved buying the 900 instead of the 900E, I paid the tax and still had some left over.

/ DRT 900 #2  
I have a DRT900 as well. I was looking through the manual and I don't see anything about transmission gear oil. In addition to the oil fill plug, I see two others.

I used it a little last year (1st year) and only checked the engine oil.

I changed the engine oil this year, but now I need to figure out what these other ones are. I don't want to tear my new baby up!

Can anyone help me?

Last edited:
   / DRT 900
I have a DRT900 as well. I was looking through the manual and I don't see anything about transmission gear oil...
If you look at the right side of the transmission looking from the handle end, you will find a grease fitting. The manual says to grease the trans once each season with EP #1 grease.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• DRT900.jpg
    DRT900.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 342
  • DRT900_2.jpg
    DRT900_2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 233
   / DRT 900
Super Nickel - did you ever get your trans lubed ??

/ DRT 900 #5  
I have a drt900 husqvarna and i use it a lot because i am a landscaper and i very often till in different soils. I have noticed that when i start tilling in rocky soil, it damages the machine and it breaks my pins way too quickly. i also noticed that I put a new belt on it and it was shredded within 2 months. why is that?