New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage

/ New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage #41  
I have always though it was due to temp changes. Most saws have a one way bleed valve that allows air into the tank as it is being used. when the temp drops the oil condenses and pulls in air to fill the void. when the temp rises the tank pressurizes and pushes out the oil to get rid of the pressure buildup. have seen this problem on poulan, husky, stihl, dolmar, mcculloch, solo. I have sold all the above brands new except the stihl and husky.
Right you are, temp changes are the reason for most bar oil leaks...

/ New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage #42  
We run all sorts of saws but husky have always been far worse leakers from new than most others for us .

/ New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage #43  
We run all sorts of saws but husky have always been far worse leakers from new than most others for us .

I've had the exact opposite here for the last 11-12 years. But we do use the better Husky models.

/ New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage #44  
I used to work for Husky and came across this question quite often from many of my dealers/customers. When done using saw for day, loosen the oil cap (to equalize pressure in/out) and then re-tighten for storage. Should eliminate (or darn close to eliminate) any leakage. I do this with my 385XP and it works. When I forget to, it leaks like the Exxon Valdez.

/ New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage #45  
Ok I've had the same bar oil leak since I bought this 455 almost 9 months ago. I lost an entire tank of bar oil over the last 4 months of non use.
I removed the bar, handle, etc. to find on the bottom of the saw. It was leaking from the pickup that plugs into the tank, as previously
described. I cleaned it all up , use the halomar to seal it, and re-filled the tank. So far its has held. I have not run the saw yet, but in
my case this is definitely the leak.
On another note Husqvarna has a support line.. what a joke. Took 5 calls and the person on the other end of the phone could
only direct me to the local repair shop. I happen to know these guys. They have been sending things to other shops that they can't fix.
I'm sure this is the last Husqvarna I will ever own... Obviously soem business capitalist got a hold of this company, and the product quality has gone to (H l).
Good luck with your leaks...
Eric

/ New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage #46  
Look at the tag on your 455 and PM me the date and serial number so I can compare against SB. There was a update on 346 455 saws using 2 piece oiler lines I think I read.

/ New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage #47  
If it's the same as the smaller saws like the 136 and 141, they replaced the 2 piece line with a single piece type with a hole for the oil pump to push into instead of the original clamshell design.

Sean

/ New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage #48  
Ok I've had the same bar oil leak since I bought this 455 almost 9 months ago. I lost an entire tank of bar oil over the last 4 months of non use.
I removed the bar, handle, etc. to find on the bottom of the saw. It was leaking from the pickup that plugs into the tank, as previously
described. I cleaned it all up , use the halomar to seal it, and re-filled the tank. So far its has held. I have not run the saw yet, but in
my case this is definitely the leak.
On another note Husqvarna has a support line.. what a joke. Took 5 calls and the person on the other end of the phone could
only direct me to the local repair shop. I happen to know these guys. They have been sending things to other shops that they can't fix.
I'm sure this is the last Husqvarna I will ever own... Obviously soem business capitalist got a hold of this company, and the product quality has gone to (H l).
Good luck with your leaks...
Eric

That's too bad as you are going to exclude yourself from some great saws.What got a hold of this company was a desire for increased market share just as you find JD garden tractors at Home Depot, you find the lower end Huskies as well. If you use a chainsaw frequently, do yourself a favor and buy your Husky at a shop. What they sell there you won't be needing much of Huskies bad customer service designed for the Big Box crowd and which is obviously overwhelming them.

/ New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage #49  
That's too bad as you are going to exclude yourself from some great saws.What got a hold of this company was a desire for increased market share just as you find JD garden tractors at Home Depot, you find the lower end Huskies as well. If you use a chainsaw frequently, do yourself a favor and buy your Husky at a shop. What they sell there you won't be needing much of Huskies bad customer service designed for the Big Box crowd and which is obviously overwhelming them.
Well said! With any brand one needs to learn the product. They all make some good and some bad models and they all make some cheap models for the masses! Husqvarna is making some of the best saws ever made right now, but they are Not at the big box stores!

/ New 455 Rancher bar oil leaks in storage #50  
I have a Stihl MS361 Pro, Stihl MS 290 Farm Boss, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, and dad has a cheap Craftsman. All of these saws leak bar oil. I think the Stihls don't seem to leak as much but they all do. Only saw I think we ever had that hardly leaked any was a Homelite dad had when I was a kid. As far as releasing the pressue goes with cap. That may work in some areas but around here the temp changes almost everyday drastically around here it seems like which puts pressure back in the tank.