Husqvarna 21" Push Mower

/ Husqvarna 21" Push Mower #1  

gobbler

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota BX1800
Husqvarna 21\" Push Mower

I’ve been looking to replace an old no-name 21” push mower that I use around my place for trim duties. The Husqvarna dealer in town is advertising a 21” push mower with a 5.5hp Honda GC Series engine for $199. I’ve never owned anything with a Honda engine, but their reputation sure has me interested in this mower. I’ve looked at the Honda Harmony II, which appears to have the same engine, the plastic is red instead of black, but it’s nearly a $100 more.

Is there any reason I should stay away from this mower???

Jim

/ Husqvarna 21" Push Mower #2  
Re: Husqvarna 21\" Push Mower

<font color="blue"> Honda GC Series engine for $199. </font>

Hi Jim,

I think you'd be hard pressed to buy that Honda engine for $200... alone... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Sounds pretty good to me... the only downside is PUSH... I guess you could figure out a way to tow behind your tractor though... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Husqvarna 21" Push Mower
Re: Husqvarna 21\" Push Mower

Yea John, I think it’s a good deal as well considering I could by another no-name, 3.5hp Briggs powered mower for about $150.

I know that a pure push mower has little appeal nowadays, but for what I use it for it actually works to my advantage. I spent entirely too much time last year with my Stihl trimmer because I was having trouble with that old mower. A new mower will be a welcomed addition.

I guess what I really need to do is to convince my wife that we don’t need a perfectly manicured lawn, then I could get by with a few minutes of line trimmer work. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jim