Husqvarna LOGTH2448T Riding Mower

/ Husqvarna LOGTH2448T Riding Mower #1  

moredneck

Tractor
Husqvarna LOGTH2448T
I have a 5 year old Husqvarna mower, model number LOGTH2448t. I have replaced the front axle due to wearing out the holes the front wheel spindles ride in (no bushings). I have replaced the steering rods on both sides due to the ball dropping out of the socket on them. NOW, the frame broke completely in half on both sides. The factory will not do anything for me. Their answer is "We only warranty the unit for one year". I am done with Husqvarna and all the other brands they make. I have had riding mowers since 1978 and never had a frame break in two before.

/ Husqvarna LOGTH2448T Riding Mower #2  
I have a 5 year old Husqvarna mower, model number LOGTH2448t. I have replaced the front axle due to wearing out the holes the front wheel spindles ride in (no bushings). I have replaced the steering rods on both sides due to the ball dropping out of the socket on them. NOW, the frame broke completely in half on both sides. The factory will not do anything for me. Their answer is "We only warranty the unit for one year". I am done with Husqvarna and all the other brands they make. I have had riding mowers since 1978 and never had a frame break in two before.[/QUO

It never ceases to amaze me when people just sign in and make a complaint without telling us all the facts and leave. I've had the yard tractor version YTH2448, same year-my neighbor has the same version as you and mows a steep slopes and we never had frame or steering issues. My property is rough and I go through blades every two years because of tree roots and rocks so I dont understand how people could simply just have frames breaking in half or front axle issues? These tractors have cast iron fron axles and beefy steel channel frames. My question would be "how are you using this tractor"?

Yes, these tractors have a one year warranty (Mine had a two year from Sears).

/ Husqvarna LOGTH2448T Riding Mower
I have a 5 year old Husqvarna mower, model number LOGTH2448t. I have replaced the front axle due to wearing out the holes the front wheel spindles ride in (no bushings). I have replaced the steering rods on both sides due to the ball dropping out of the socket on them. NOW, the frame broke completely in half on both sides. The factory will not do anything for me. Their answer is "We only warranty the unit for one year". I am done with Husqvarna and all the other brands they make. I have had riding mowers since 1978 and never had a frame break in two before.[/QUO

It never ceases to amaze me when people just sign in and make a complaint without telling us all the facts and leave. I've had the yard tractor version YTH2448, same year-my neighbor has the same version as you and mows a steep slopes and we never had frame or steering issues. My property is rough and I go through blades every two years because of tree roots and rocks so I dont understand how people could simply just have frames breaking in half or front axle issues? These tractors have cast iron fron axles and beefy steel channel frames. My question would be "how are you using this tractor"?

Yes, these tractors have a one year warranty (Mine had a two year from Sears).

I mow about 2 acres, no tree roots and I pick up all the sticks and rocks before mowing. Cast iron or not, the holes were egg shaped and letting the spindles flop and the wheels were slanted out at the bottom. Mine does NOT have a beefy frame, only 0.100" thick. I have pictures of the broken frame if you want to see them.

/ Husqvarna LOGTH2448T Riding Mower #5  
I have a YTH2554 or something similar. What a piece of crap. Helpless in reverse. Wont go backward hardly at all. The techs at Husky say it's a safety issue. My A** it is. Runs good drives good but the stamped tin that supports the steering coulmn broke at both bolt holes. This thing is made of Tin not "heavy" stamped steel. Anyway like I said it mows ok but eats hydro belts 2x year. Never had front end problems but the reverse issue sucks badly. As long as I have a Welder, The frame should be useable. I had a $599.00 Tractor Supply mower for 9 years and never had to work on it once. No more Husqvarna junk for me either. Oh, I mow about 3 acres of new flat yard..

/ Husqvarna LOGTH2448T Riding Mower #6  
I am assuming that by bad reverse you mean that it is slow and seems to not have any power in reverse. OSHA mandated requirement that it cannot exceed 1 mph is reverse.

Hydro drive belts should last a few 2-5 years so either you have a situation where the belt is rubbing something causing premature wear, bad drive pulley or idler pulley. Are you riding the clutch/brake pedal when driving it. That can cause premature belt wear. I see people drive the hydro like they would drive a gear drive model, using the clutch/brake to start and stop and to slow down temporarily.

/ Husqvarna LOGTH2448T Riding Mower #7  
I hate to bash the tractor but it's been a Lemon. I know others who have had better luck. I have to question the 1mph reverse mandate. I bought a new Zero Turn that flies around in reverse quite like it should.
If you drove too close to a cliff on a Husqvarna and needed to back up quickly, You would likely go over the cliff. Not being able to back up is 10x more dangerous than being able to.

/ Husqvarna LOGTH2448T Riding Mower #8  
I have the same lawnmower frame broke completely into on both side right in front of rear tires have had to replace front wheel bearing 3 times and needs replacing again had to replace both steering rods i have always kept it clean iol change had to replace motor on 3rd cutting season luckily i had extended warranty from Lowes replaced motor with a 26 hp i bought this in 2006 i understand stuff wearing out but come on a frame breaking into on both sides and has been used only on flat ground

/ Husqvarna LOGTH2448T Riding Mower #9  
Scratching my head on these complaints-I don't understand how such catastrophic failures happen if they are being used for what they are intended for. I have one that mows 1.5 acres of rough terrain with a slope and my neighbor has one with the Kawasaki engine and he mows 2 acres of 2.1 slope. No broken frames, blown engines, cracked frames, front axle issues or mower deck issues. I do understand that the black colored deck is a little thinner and spot welded so I understand problems with those. The grey is better and the orange colored decks are the best.

I just cant understand how these frames break like that? I have a 2005-8 cutting seasons, 300 hours and I weigh 240 pounds. Also have a 3 bin bagger that can weight 90 lbs when full. Everything's original nut need to replace the blades next year.

/ Husqvarna LOGTH2448T Riding Mower #10  
I hate to bash the tractor but it's been a Lemon. I know others who have had better luck. I have to question the 1mph reverse mandate. I bought a new Zero Turn that flies around in reverse quite like it should.
If you drove too close to a cliff on a Husqvarna and needed to back up quickly, You would likely go over the cliff. Not being able to back up is 10x more dangerous than being able to.

Its because zero turns normally don't tow. Its for safety when towing a trailer. Zero turns aren't meant for towing trailers in general.