Husqvarna 48" blower kit for lawn tractor not mulching leaves

/ Husqvarna 48" blower kit for lawn tractor not mulching leaves #1  

86celtics

Hi,

Had my lawn tractor (YTH24V48LS) for two years and has worked great (better than I thought it would, actually). Always good on grass, great in the fall. I have a 48" Blower kit (OEM p/n 966529102) for the grass catcher which, normally, vacuums the lawn like a Hoover and mulches the leaves like a Cuisinart (works well).

Today, the vacuum part works as usual but I noticed that the leaves are being picked up and sent to the grass catcher without being shredded at all. Full leaves as if I raked them and put them in myself. The only thing that has changed is that I replaced the drive belt (OEM p/n 539 130347) with a spare I had lying around this morning.

I have to assume it has nothing to do with the belt because the vacuum function is working perfectly.

I know that dull mower blades can have an impact on the mulching quality but can they work great one day and not at all the next? I don't think so...

Any input would be appreciated.

/ Husqvarna 48" blower kit for lawn tractor not mulching leaves #2  
Hi,

Had my lawn tractor (YTH24V48LS) for two years and has worked great (better than I thought it would, actually). Always good on grass, great in the fall. I have a 48" Blower kit (OEM p/n 966529102) for the grass catcher which, normally, vacuums the lawn like a Hoover and mulches the leaves like a Cuisinart (works well).

Today, the vacuum part works as usual but I noticed that the leaves are being picked up and sent to the grass catcher without being shredded at all. Full leaves as if I raked them and put them in myself. The only thing that has changed is that I replaced the drive belt (OEM p/n 539 130347) with a spare I had lying around this morning.

I have to assume it has nothing to do with the belt because the vacuum function is working perfectly.

I know that dull mower blades can have an impact on the mulching quality but can they work great one day and not at all the next? I don't think so...

Any input would be appreciated.

Do you have mulch blades on the deck or the regular blades? Regular blades will send it directly to the bin I think. Also-where can I get info on the OEM vacuum?

Never mind-lloks lit it wont work on a 2006.

/ Husqvarna 48" blower kit for lawn tractor not mulching leaves
I have mulch blades that are designed for lift.

/ Husqvarna 48" blower kit for lawn tractor not mulching leaves #4  
Could be dull blades along with a slower than designed rpm because of the belt?

/ Husqvarna 48" blower kit for lawn tractor not mulching leaves
I never thought of the belt. I'll check it out, thanks.