any 562xp owners out there?

/ any 562xp owners out there? #41  
Think Master mind did it.

No worries then. Randy does great work.

For the record, Stumpy is turning out great saws now. He has caught up with and passed the learning curve. :)

/ any 562xp owners out there? #42  
I think the saw belongs to Mitch.

/ any 562xp owners out there? #43  
Mitch is a good dude, I've meet him in person. But he usually does his own port work.

Still, I would not have a problem buying a saw from him.

/ any 562xp owners out there? #44  
owner of above saws in test told me that 372 has never impressed him. Just one of those one I guess that didnt run well.

I rebuilt a stock 372 not long ago and has fresh rings with first tank of fuel. Owner of a muffler modded 7900 ran my 71cc 372 and his 79cc 7900 back to back. Owner of the 7900 bought my 372 basically on the spot. That 7900 wasnt impressive either.

Then I have ran 7900's that felt like mild woods ports and the last 2 stock 372 I have rebuilt was that way 2. Just luck of the motors IMO.

Dumb luck with the 372:confused3: And the 7900 for that matter:confused3: From my experience, the 372 is pretty impressive. Not quite as fast as the 7900, but it is 7cc's less too.

/ any 562xp owners out there? #45  
From what I can tell on 562 Randy cut the pop up piston and Mitch did the port work. :drink:

/ any 562xp owners out there? #46  
What does cutting the piston do? Lighten it and bump compression?

/ any 562xp owners out there? #47  
What does cutting the piston do? Lighten it and bump compression?

Cut pop up on piston and cut the same amount from the cylinder base to raise compression. More power.

/ any 562xp owners out there? #48  
And by doing this stuff you don't affect the reliability of the saw?

/ any 562xp owners out there? #49  

Not usually. Most of the time, it is the reverse that is true. A lightly modified saw will last longer than a stock saw. They run cooler and more efficiently.

/ any 562xp owners out there? #50  

Nope, folks have been doin it for years.

I will say, that the 562xp is the first saw I've run that I felt did not need to be modified. So, if you're worried, just get a new one.