any 562xp owners out there?

/ any 562xp owners out there? #71  
Tom, the diagnostic software fetches other information, such as run and idle times and peak(?) temperature (I believe).

I'm fully aware of what it displays, but most often it is just extra information not necessarily needed to diagnose a problem with the saw. In one instance it has led me to repairing a saw that had a problem but didn't show yet in symptoms. Every other saw I've seen with specific problems and running issues has been mechanical and the diagnostic hookup has not given me any more insight than what I gained from normal diagnostic procedure, more so it just confirmed what was already known.

The software will display number of times started, hours:mins on the saw, highest carb temp, lowest carb temp, avg carb temp, highest rpm last run, fuel settings h/l, time spent in different run modes during last run (wide open no load, wide open under load, part throttle loaded/unloaded, idling), number of starts ago where a fuel adjustment was made, any error codes (when a sensor senses a condition outside of normal parameters) and number of starts on saw when it first occurred, how many times it has occurred, and the last time it occurred. It only logs data if the saw is run for 60 seconds or longer. There is a test for throttle position sensor function, carb temp, and fuel solenoid function. The error codes gathered from runtime data don't often point to anything other than a lean condition, but that can be gathered from fuel settings and complaints on how the saw runs. The codes and their descriptions are very vague.

These saws are far better off being treated like the machines they are and not overthink the computer inside them. Software updates and pressure/vac tests are these saws best friends.

I would also send my saws to Randy for porting if I had my choice.

/ any 562xp owners out there? #72  
My saw doesn't run, so I cannot go by "how it runs.":( "How it ran," yes. The "problem" is a scarred piston and cylinder: my limited understanding that it's common from running too lean. I had zero thoughts about the computer stuff in these saws until after it was dead (and I started doing research). I just cut wood, whatever I needed to cut- little thought (as I believed that the Auto-Tune would deal with ensuring that the saw was running properly).

I had a lengthy discussion with Terry. Wouldn't be cost effective to repair this saw: local shop said just over $300, but that doesn't include a newer carb or software updates (neither of which the shop offered as part of the repair, without, which, I'd likely find myself back in the same situation). Will get a new saw from him, a freshly ported one. I am planning on sending the old saw to him so that he can report on what he finds; he'll also give me credit for any usable parts.

/ any 562xp owners out there? #73  
You don't have to put an autotune carb back on it. You can put an old style carb on it and adjust it yourself.

Personally, I'd rebuild it and use it!

SR

/ any 562xp owners out there? #74  
You don't have to put an autotune carb back on it. You can put an old style carb on it and adjust it yourself.

SR

What's the carb number for that?

/ any 562xp owners out there? #76  

SR

Seems I heard the "experts" scoff at someone suggesting such, putting on a standard carb. In all the research I did I don't recall hearing of anyone actually pulling it off: most of the issues seem to be resolvable by upgrading the Auto-tune carb.

Since my saw was built there has been several changes. One of those is an extra case screw, which requires a different crank case. Add things all up in order to get what should be the saw I thought I'd gotten in the first place and I'd likely be looking at spending as much as I would on a new saw.

I wish that I had the time, space and tools to rebuild the thing, but the reality is that I do not.:(

/ any 562xp owners out there? #77  
If my saw is running fine should I still upgrade the software? My saw is ported with different piston and what not.

/ any 562xp owners out there? #78  
Joe, I'd look to ask the person who ported your saw.

/ any 562xp owners out there? #79  
I have had it for 3 or 4 years now, Ill look to reach out to the guy he is from Iowa, he was quite popular on the arborsit site.

/ any 562xp owners out there? #80  
I have had it for 3 or 4 years now, Ill look to reach out to the guy he is from Iowa, he was quite popular on the arborsit site.

Mitch has backed away from those sites last I know, as have I. For different reasons.