How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors?

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #11  
Husky, is the same as Craftsman, Cub Cadet, Bolens, etc. All are MTD products, the worlds largest maker of disposable lawn mowers. Most of the time they just paint them a different color, and put on different decals.

If you want, or need a budget unit, they are fine. If you want, or need a lasting unit, they are not really a good buy.

I keep one around, (currently the Husky 2348), to trim, and sometimes mow the estate, when the ground is very soft. i.e. All of last year.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #12  
I know there all built with the same products being new but in recent years they have gotten cheaper and cheaper built if you can get a mower 10 to 15 years old they seem to be built better regardless of the brand.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #13  
I have a 54" with a 27hp Briggs. About 4 years old. All i do is work on it. The steering tower is so thin that it cracks and breaks at the bolts. I have welded it several times. My big problem with the box store huskies is that ( mine ) will hardly go in reverse. inches along and can not climb any incline at all in reverse. Of course the engine runs fine and the cheap stamped deck will surely out last the rest of this POS. I would never buy another Husky. Just my oppinion.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #14  
Yomax I know how ypu feel POS is the only way to describe it , I hope a rep from husky is reading this thread. No business is to large to fail, no matter what products you put out from this point on great or horrible, I will never ever buy a husky product chainsaw or mower. If you think the public is stupid were not. You may have got me once but never again. NAAAA I'm not angry lol.glad I got stihl chain saws haha.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #15  
OPPS! I would like to do an Eric Holder and change my testimony. :D

Husky is actually being manufactured by the second biggest manufacturer of disposable lawn mowers, American Yard Products. They make Craftsman, Dixon, Poulan. :sorry:

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #16  
Yomax I know how ypu feel POS is the only way to describe it , I hope a rep from husky is reading this thread. No business is to large to fail, no matter what products you put out from this point on great or horrible, I will never ever buy a husky product chainsaw or mower. If you think the public is stupid were not. You may have got me once but never again. NAAAA I'm not angry lol.glad I got stihl chain saws haha.

man.. i LOVE my Husquvarna string trimmer. 5 seasons use now andd it still starts on the first or second pull....runs strong and keeps on running. My Husquvarna mower is just as reliable. Now dont quote me...but isnt Husky and Husquvarna two different companies???

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #17  
That's ok as long as you don't give a bunch of guns to children and tell the public there lawn mowers well forgive you haha.also it seems some people have good experience some bad. I think if your mowing all flay smooth land there fine but if you have hills and some rougher terrain they fail miserably.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #18  
That's what I thought but I saw a bunch of people on threads calling them huskys saw I started second guessing myself. I thought they were 2 different companies

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #19  
I have a yth2448, 280 hours and the only problem so far is ethanol, but I use ethanol treatment and had 0 probkems since. I also have the three bin bagger now. My neighbor has one with a kawasaki engine and he mows his 40 degree slope with it, has been for 5 years and has had 0 issues. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #20  
[]Well, I'm happy to be Odd Man Out here - BUT:
I have a 2002 Husqvarna Rider 155 (15 hp, 41" cut front mower, K46 Tuff Torq tranny) with WAY over 2000 hours on it. Mowed almost 3 acres with it for 9 years. Sure - I've had a few minor things break on it such as a brake cable, starter solinoid, etc. But nothing major. And it still cuts absolutely great, runs great, and turns on a 4" circle.

Now I have something over 12 acres with about 5 to cut, part of which is very rough area and part is 25 degrees slopes. So, I bought a GTH26V52LS Garden Tractor with the very heavy duty deck, and Kawasaki 26 hp engine, Hydro Gear tranny, as a second/backup mower. Added wheel weights on back and 13# of water in the front tires - and it'll climb a wall. No - the 'big boy' won't cut as smooth as the old Rider, but it'll cut anything that you can drive over. The blades on that thing look like brush hog blades; very thick and wide.

I only have about 35 hours on the larger mower, but so far, it's been flawless. Perhaps I 'over maintain' my equipment, but I passify myself in thinking that good maintenance allows good service, which I do with all of my equipment including my Husqvarna trimmers, wheeled trimmer, Kubota tractor, and on and on and on. They don't just run on fuel - they KEEP on running, with grease, oil and filters.

Bottom line - I'm pleased with every Husqvarna purchase so far. But then, I've only been buying Husqvarna for about 10 years...

128-2887_IMG.jpgHusqvarna GTH26V52LS 008.JPG

Last edited: