How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors?

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #21  
OPPS! I would like to do an Eric Holder and change my testimony. :D

Husky is actually being manufactured by the second biggest manufacturer of disposable lawn mowers, American Yard Products. They make Craftsman, Dixon, Poulan. :sorry:

Husqvarna ( referred to by some as Husky ) is still owned by parent company Electrolux to my knowledge. They also own & produce the Poulan brand. HUSKEE is an MTD product. MTD has bought up just about every other brand, including Cub Cadet. Craftsman puts their mowers out for bid with their specs, cheapest bidder builds them. HUSKY is a tool brand sold at Home Depot stores.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #22  
Husqvarna ( referred to by some as Husky ) is still owned by parent company Electrolux to my knowledge. They also own & produce the Poulan brand. HUSKEE is an MTD product. MTD has bought up just about every other brand, including Cub Cadet. Craftsman puts their mowers out for bid with their specs, cheapest bidder builds them. HUSKY is a tool brand sold at Home Depot stores.

Husqvarna and Craftsman are the same product both produced by American Yard Products.
Electrolux sold off there lawn mowing and yard care division to AYP and went back to manufacturing Vacuum cleaners and house hold items.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #23  
Husqvarna and Craftsman are the same product both produced by American Yard Products.
Electrolux sold off there lawn mowing and yard care division to AYP and went back to manufacturing Vacuum cleaners and house hold items.

When did Electrolux sell?

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #24  
Company overview | Husqvarna Group

Company overview
The Husqvarna Group is the world’s largest producer of outdoor power products including *chainsaws, trimmers, lawn mowers and garden tractors. The Group is also the European leader *in consumer watering products and one of the world leaders in cutting equipment and *diamond tools for the construction and stone industries. The product *offering includes products for both consumers and professional users. The Group’s products are sold via dealers and retailers in more than 100 *countries.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #26  
I bought the 2012 YTH2348 (48" cut, 23 hp B&S eng,, hydrostatic trans) from PED online. I have been pleased with quality and performance so far.

The price beat big boxes delivered by several hundred $$.

Love the 4 anti scalping wheels, cup holder, and 3bin grass bagger. It came with free 10 cf trailer that I hooked up to old craftsman and great for haulin and Savin my old bones.

Believe it is better than any comparable priced rider. Will know more after 2-3 yrs. but so far so good.

Like the seat that slides bak for my long legs and big butt.

Gary aka scuzz

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #27  
husqvarna is good, I wouldn't get the 19k42 but anything else with the hydro trans is good, the 23 48 deck is good, have had alot of people around here sell them with only a few hours on them so would wonder a little about that, the yth2042 and yth22k46 are also good options, just make sure it is from a dealer not a box store, better survice and made better.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #28  
You said you've had that Snapper for 28 years! Why buy anything else. Get another snapper...................33 inch maybe.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #29  
I have a Husqvarna yth 20k46. Have about 140 hours on it,4 years old. The tractor itself is an ok machine for what it is, a budget mower. Says electrolux on the data plate. Trouble is the deck,the weldment for the left rear hanger has broken 5 times. I have a heavily treed lawn and if the rear castor catches a tree root even momentarily it snaps the hanger. The deck material is way to thin to take a good weld. Even the factory welds had no penetration,and acts more like a braze than a weld. If you have the voltage turned up enough to penetrate the hanger bracket the deck burns thru,low enough not to burn the deck you get no penetration on the hanger.
I ended up pop riveting a large fish plate of a heavier gauge onto the deck and welding the hanger to that. So far it has held up.
I suppose that it is no better or worse than any other budget mower,just be aware that what you are buying is not a top of the line machine and adjust your expectations accordingly.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #30  
Electrolux owns and controls Husqvarna. Electrolux spun Husqvarna off as a standalone in 2006. Electrolux recently moved its North American home offices to Charlotte, NC.

American Yard Products (AYP), based in Orangeburg, South Carolina, does not manufacture lawn mowers but makes equipment and parts for brands that include Craftsman, Poulan, Sears, Rally and Rope. Husqvarna Home Products is AYP's parent company. Its U.S. offices are in Augusta, Georgia, and its home office is in Jonkoping, Sweden.

One might also say American Yard Products is owned by Electrolux
and is under the division of Husqvarna.

Some brands made by Husqvarna

Yard pro

Husqvarna
• Gardena
• McCulloch
• Diamant Boart

Jonsered
• PoulanPRO
• Weedeater
• Dixon

Klippo
• Flymo
• Zenoah
• Bluebird

Several Sears brands including Craftsman/Pro lawn tools are also made by Husqvarna -- Not all Craftsman models are made by Husqvarna you would need to look at the ID label to find out.

Husqvarna is a large company with over 15,000 employees and annual sales in excess of 30 billion. A huge cash maker for Electrolux. Electrolux is a maker of more than vacuum cleaners. They, Electrolux owns companies that manufacture a lot of products we use daily.