How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors?

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #31  
I have a YTH24V48LS that I bought this spring, I like the tractor a lot, It doesn't cut as nice as my Old Husqvarna which had a 42 Inch deck ( that mower has 1,000 Hrs on it and still going strong ) I only have 20 Hrs on this one so far and they did replace the carb under warranty It flooded the cylinder out. The Mower looks nice runs smooth and quiet and the deck is very solid spindles are also beefed up and are grease able. I hope this mower holds up for me. The locking rear is nice but tends to tear up the lawn on tight turns.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #32  
I have a Crafstmen Snowblower thats made by Husqvarna and a Husqvarna yard trator thats made by Husqvarna but sold by Sears :) The tractor can be bought from a dealer, Sears and other box stores in accordance with their specs. As such, you will get severla deck versions and as far as I can tell, the way to tell them apart is like this-orange deck is made by Husvarna and is top of the line, grey deck is made in (Not sure but maybe AYP ?) and is second to top of the line (Mine :)) and the last version is black which is where most of the complaints I have seen, come from.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #33  
Electrolux owns and controls Husqvarna. Electrolux spun Husqvarna off as a standalone in 2006. Electrolux recently moved its North American home offices to Charlotte, NC.

American Yard Products (AYP), based in Orangeburg, South Carolina, does not manufacture lawn mowers but makes equipment and parts for brands that include Craftsman, Poulan, Sears, Rally and Rope. Husqvarna Home Products is AYP's parent company. Its U.S. offices are in Augusta, Georgia, and its home office is in Jonkoping, Sweden.

One might also say American Yard Products is owned by Electrolux
and is under the division of Husqvarna.

Some brands made by Husqvarna

Yard pro

Husqvarna
Gardena
McCulloch
Diamant Boart

Jonsered
PoulanPRO
Weedeater
Dixon

Klippo
Flymo
Zenoah
Bluebird

Several Sears brands including Craftsman/Pro lawn tools are also made by Husqvarna -- Not all Craftsman models are made by Husqvarna you would need to look at the ID label to find out.

Husqvarna is a large company with over 15,000 employees and annual sales in excess of 30 billion. A huge cash maker for Electrolux. Electrolux is a maker of more than vacuum cleaners. They, Electrolux owns companies that manufacture a lot of products we use daily.

Gator6X4,
That's a lot of information to sort out about Husqvarna!!! I am getting ready to look at some Dixon ZTR's and so you say that Dixon is owned/made bt Husqvarna???? That's OK, but the one thing I saw in this thread that you did not seem to include in your info was the mention of MTD.....shudder....I DEFINITELY would prefer to NOT purchase a Zero Turn mower for several thousand dollars that has "anything" MTD on it!!!!! Please tell me the Dixon's(and Huky's...I had considered a Husqvarna MX5424S ZTR and still haven't ruled it out) don't have any MTD parts on them!!!!!
P.S.
My current 5-yr-old lawn Tractor(Craftsman YS5400) was made by Husqvarna and it's been decent(except for the Briggs & Stratton 24hp Intek that had it's choke cable break inside the carb two years ago).

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #34  
One thing I noticed about sliding seat. It is great but if you slide too far back can lose some control......Just keep in m ind when adjusting especially for hills.

Scuzzbuket

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #35  
300 hundred hours-no problems with deck and had to have my carb reajusted. Doesnt burn oil, runs and sounds great, origional deck belt. Getting ready to winterize this weekend hopefully. My only gripe so far is the headlight wire is routed to close to the exhaust muffler and my wire coupler melted to bare wire.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #36  
double post.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #37  
I've got the YTH23V48(23hp,48" cut)..had it a few yrs now..close to 200hrs on it..no real problems. If it sits for several wks it takes awhile for it to start up..i just spray a bit of ether in the carb and it fires right up. Had to put tubes in front tires few months after i got it. I've got really ruff ground and my wife drives it like its a 4wheeler..way to fast and hits every hole she can find..thankfully she ain't tore nothin..yet. I wash mine after every use and every yr i power wash the underside of the deck and spray paint on it..don't know if it'll help the life of the deck or not but gives me peace of mind. I also took guards off from around the pully..all they do is help trap trash and make it harder to clean out.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #38  
I've got a 2148 that I've had since '03 . The only problem that I've had is the voltage regulator acts up occasionally . I've abused this thing every year , yet it has never failed me . I'll be getting a GTH this winter provided they come out with the LS differential . I'll keep the 2148 for "combat mowing" .

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #39  
300 hundred hours-no problems with deck and had to have my carb reajusted. Doesnt burn oil, runs and sounds great, origional deck belt. Getting ready to winterize this weekend hopefully. My only gripe so far is the headlight wire is routed to close to the exhaust muffler and my wire coupler melted to bare wire.

This is some great news. I kind of bought mine on an impulse, but I've loved it every minute I've been on it. In the back of my head I was wondering how much upkeep and maintenance I just signed on for, but I'll bet it's worth it. I'm very happy to be part of the lawn tractor crowd. I was reading all about the companies and who owns who, man that stuff is confusing. Have people seen any changes in quality as all these changes are happening? I'll bet the products suffer greatly because of this. I haven't nearly hit 100 hours yet, and all is well. Hope that keeps for the long run.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #40  
I have a 2004 GTH2254. I cut about 3 acres a week with it. No idea how many hours it has. Last year I replaced one of the spindles and the mower deck belt. It is in the shop right now for a broken right rear axle. I'm having both replaced while it's in the shop as well as the drive belt which is looking pretty ragged. I can't complain with 8 years of trouble free use and abuse. I read on a bunch of different forums where people were having lots of trouble with broken axles on a few of the YTH models.