How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors?

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #1  

canlis

Tractor
Snapper 8hp RER
I will be buying a new lawn tractor to replace my 8hp Snapper RER which is 28 years old and just went bad on me. I guess I should not complain:). My price range is $1500-$2000. My lawn is 3/4 acre and basically flat. I have been looking at the YTH23V48(23hp,48" cut) model. However, in reading a number of customer reviews, it seems that there have been serious problems with this brand ranging from engine/transmission,welding on the deck breaking, poor manufacture/retail support, and serious delays in receiving parts for repair purposes just to name a few.What suggestions/input can anyone give me on this matter? Has anyone experienced any reliability/durability problems with either this model or the brand as a whole? How has anyone found Husquvarna manufacturer/retail support in the event of a problem?Thanks for your help!

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #2  
I bought mine from a dealer, not a box store, to get the heavy duty deck, not the thinner one sold elsewhere. The deck is fine. My biggest problem has been bad wiring connections. I've fixed a couple, I've bypassed one bad switch that will keep it from starting.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #3  
I just bought the Husky 54" with the Kawasaki engine from my Kubota dealer. It is sure a cut above the Lowes 54". Theirs is a competetive model made exclusively for them as I found out when I tried to price match to get Loews' 10% discount. Lowes uses a Kohler engine. My small engine guy says the Kohlers used in lawn tractors are not the high quality you see used in commercial equipment. The Kawasaki engine used by huskey is the same line up used in Husky's commercial mowing equipment. I sure like the way the Husky operates, full auto transmission with forward and reverse pedals just like my BX25.

Ron

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #4  
I bought this model mower from Lowes 4 years ago. I mow a little over an acre each week. I had to replace the battery last year. Have not had any other issues with the mower. It starts easy and mows very well.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #5  
I have had nothing but trouble 2 years old 30 hours starter went out, bolts fell out of back of tranny , tranny fell in front , bent and broke axle mount , which are made flimsy thin steel , rewelded and reinforced , tranny makes bad noise when backing up. Just don't buy 1 and don't buy anything that has a tuff tork k46 tranny.they also are used in jd and some other top brands . There junk .my 2 cents worth. The more of the top line husqvara may be a different machine I bought mine at Lowes and learned a lesson I won't buy another from a box store. They don't care about your problems.mine is a 25/54

Last edited:
   / How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #6  
My Husky lawnmower is now 6 years old, and still starts fast and runs strong.

I use only ethanol free fuel and do yearly maintenance to keep it that way. ID buy another in a heart beat if needed.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #7  
I bought one this year from a Husqvarna dealer, front tires would'nt hold air. Dealer tubed them for me. Have a slight issue with lawn burn under the muffler heat shield if I sit in one spot for a couple of minutes with it running, going to check on that next time I go to the dealers. I have the locking Tuff Tork rear axle with AG tires, I could probably climb a wall with it.
I don't think I would have bought the box store version-no dealer support.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #8  
I bought mine last year. The problem I have is with the gas tank not venting properly. I replaced the gas cap but it didn't help. It'll run for an hour, then the engine starts to sputter until I remove the gas cap for 10 seconds, the motor picks up again and it's good for another hour. The dealer doesn't know what's wrong and can't fix it. A TBN member suggested a pinched fuel line but the fuel line looks OK from carb to tank.

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #9  
I bought mine last year. The problem I have is with the gas tank not venting properly. I replaced the gas cap but it didn't help. It'll run for an hour, then the engine starts to sputter until I remove the gas cap for 10 seconds, the motor picks up again and it's good for another hour. The dealer doesn't know what's wrong and can't fix it. A TBN member suggested a pinched fuel line but the fuel line looks OK from carb to tank.

Clean any dirt and grime off of the gas cap and clean the same off of the tank where the gas cap screws onto the tank. I had the same thing happen on my YTH2348. Gas cap and the gas tank were covered with a thick layer of dirt/grime that prevented the fuel system from venting when the gas cap was on. Clean it all up and it should vent OK.

- Spindifferent

/ How reliable and durable are Husquvarna Lawn Tractors? #10  
All I can say is the k46 tuff tork tranny is junk it may be ok for flat but any hill will destroy it I knowfrom experience I just came back in the house from putting a new rear end . I put in a rear end from a craftsman gt 5000. Alot heavier built than the k46. I figured why put another in that's going to tear up however I had to redo all the linkage and beef up the rear frame some to handle it. It's a hydro gear they say there built better it looks it from the outside proBley 30 percent bigger and heavier.by the way my mower had 35 hours on it when it went out. Ouch