Looking at buying a Husqvarna zero turn mower.

/ Looking at buying a Husqvarna zero turn mower. #1  

Lineman North Florida

Veteran Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 360 DTC with FEL & John Deere 5093E with FEL ,Kubota SVL 75-2
Looking to buy a new zero turn mower, one of the ones on my list is a MZ5225ZT zero turn made by Husqvarna, it looks like it's well built but I don't know a soul who owns one. If anyone has any knowledge or info I sure would appreciate it as this is a pretty good sized purchase for me and I don't want to buy something that is not a good product, thanks' in advance for any info. Charlie.

/ Looking at buying a Husqvarna zero turn mower. #2  
Husquvarna pro machines are getting a great reputation on Lawnsite.

I agree with you, the one your looking at looks pretty well made. Kohler engine (albeit a Courage) and the Zt3400 trans gets pretty decent reviews for an all in one unit.

/ Looking at buying a Husqvarna zero turn mower. #3  
I'm in my second season with an '09 Z5426 (B&S) and I'm pretty happy with the performance. I found it on Craig's List with low hours at a good price. The deck paint was flaking off in large pieces so I stripped off the hardware and had it powdercoated. Everything else is working great. 230 hours now and my mowing time for about 2 acres has been cut in half.:)

/ Looking at buying a Husqvarna zero turn mower. #4  
I just bought the MZ5225ZT a few weeks ago, I have a little over 8 hours on it and have mowed about 12 acres..... fingers crossed no problems yet and it seems to be a well built machine with easy access to everything for maintenance.

/ Looking at buying a Husqvarna zero turn mower.
Thanks for the reply's, I went by the dealer this morning and he didn't have one in stock, so I headed to the the other dealer and bought a Gravely, took it home and it cut my mowing time in less than half, hopefully it will be a good unit.

/ Looking at buying a Husqvarna zero turn mower. #6  
Good choice. Gravely is really getting a good reputation for their ZTs. Too bad their dealer network sucks (here). They are just too far for me to consider one.