Shear Pins

/ Shear Pins #1  

Gem99ultra

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400HST
I need a handful of Shear Pins, Husqvarna 55 41 09-01, for an old Rider 155 mower blades. Anyone have any idea as to where to buy those, for less than an arm and a leg?

They 'used' to be free with blades, but no more. And insanely expensive from Husqvarna dealers.

Or... I could use the complete blade set with pins, P/N 531 00 75-85, if they're priced reasonably.

Thanks for any leads.

Jim

/ Shear Pins #2  
I assume they are bolts as I don't know about that mower. If they are you might be able to find the grade and buy at any hardware store ect.

/ Shear Pins
Ed, the hole size for the sheer pin are different for the shaft and the blade. The pin sort of sits in a little pocket. Here's a picture of one:

Husqvarna Sheer Pin 535 41 09-01.jpg

I've got a 1/4" Grade 3 bolt, but it'd take a lot of modifying to make it fit. Now... if I just still had my metal lathe, the problem wouldn't be a problem. But... if frogs could fly... :)

/ Shear Pins #4  
That is a horse of a different color, can't help with that but good luck Ed

/ Shear Pins
Hey - thanks HarleyRulz. I hadn't seen those specific pins listed, but I've seen others with prices ranging up around $3 each.

The shame of it all is that it's just a 1/2 inch piece of soft steel about like a camshaft alignment pin. "They" used to just throw in a few with every blade you bought. I don't know how many I've tossed in the garbage when I changed blades simply because they were rusty.
Now I wish I had all of those I've tossed! I suppose now I'll just have to suck it up and buy 'em.
Lesson Learned: Don't EVER throw anything away in the future :)